Replacement

davidelliott294

The earlier versions were renowned for having rather edgy handling, a lot of owners must have experienced inappropriate vehicle rotation at the point of disappearing talent and are now insured accordingly

The earlier versions were renowned for having rather edgy handling, a lot of owners must have experienced inappropriate vehicle rotation at the point of disappearing talent and are now insured accordingly

Very eloquently put old boy

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201305176814549?atmobcid=soc4

You could get a ropey Focus ST for £7k, stretch a bit and you'll get a nice one.

Thought about it. Really like them, sound awesome but the astra is faster and does better mpg :/

Audi a4 Quattro

Can't insure the s3 so I doubt I'll insure this plus an a4 is kinda a grown up car..

Thought about it. Really like them, sound awesome but the astra is faster and does better mpg :/

The Focus is considerably better than the Astra, don't be fooled by the straight line speed. Plus the interior of the Astra is horrible, although I do prefer its exterior looks.

Mpg wise, I've only driven the Astra on track, but my friend has an ST and gets about 25mpg as a long term average. Worth it for the better car though

The Focus is considerably better than the Astra, don't be fooled by the straight line speed. Plus the interior of the Astra is horrible, although I do prefer its exterior looks.

Mpg wise, I've only driven the Astra on track, but my friend has an ST and gets about 25mpg as a long term average. Worth it for the better car though

I quite like the astra inside, especially with the blue smd conversion.

Once the astra is on coilovers with a decent rarb, the handling is apparently improved dramatically.

With the astra, some say they can see 40mpg on the motorway which is a significant difference to 25.

Overall the focus may well be the better car but I really prefer the astra to the focus.

Edited by davidelliott294

What? Your abit slow aren't you? If someone seats they can get 40mpg on the motorway that is 100% different to normal use. He said long term average 25mpg so why compare apples and oranges. Now unless the guy getting 25mpg lives on the motorway and literally drives it no where else and starts the car with a ore heated engine etc it makes no sense to compare them. Really showing your age lol

What? Your abit slow aren't you? If someone seats they can get 40mpg on the motorway that is 100% different to normal use. He said long term average 25mpg so why compare apples and oranges. Now unless the guy getting 25mpg lives on the motorway and literally drives it no where else and starts the car with a ore heated engine etc it makes no sense to compare them. Really showing your age lol

Makes no sense mate and I'm far from slow.

Edited by davidelliott294