Blanking egr valve

Cassidylupo

Hello does anyone know how to blank the egr valve, after replacing mine and cleaning all the pipes and having the fault code still appear I've decided it's time to blank it anyone have any ideas thanks

Hello does anyone know how to blank the egr valve, after replacing mine and cleaning all the pipes and having the fault code still appear I've decided it's time to blank it anyone have any ideas thanks

You need to run it in over 50 miles or so for the light to go away. I hear you can disconnect the battery for a few seconds aswell which will wipe the code.

I've got a code reader and switched the light off myself but after cleaning and changing no avail, been told you can get a remap that deletes the egr valve entirely therefore removing the fault codes and lights after blanking, getting tired of it know tho almost sold the lupo because its just on going

The code is showing flow insufficient and I cleaned it then bought and fitted a new valve completely with plenty of wd40 as lubrication is the key, think I need to get some compressed air and give the pipes a good blow what do you reckon

Did you drive it for 50 miles of so, after cleaning it? The code doesn't just disappear once it's cleaned. You must run it in. Give it an Italian tune up!

Yes you can map it out, but could be costly and you will probably be better off deleting it if you do in case the EGR goes faulty and the code isn't being thrown.

Blanking it will put the light on permanently won't it?

Im not sure about petrols but I blocked the vacuum hose going to the egr and thats closed it off for the moment. I will be blanking it off properly soon though.

Been lucky so far haven't had a repeat yet for over a week now, so lets hope it's sorted for know still going to take off and investigate the pipe work so lets see thanks for the replys people

Where are you as I have vcds and managed to set my egr to minimum, this then removes the need to blank the egr.

If you blank the egr then the car will take longer to warm up, thus you will use more fuel.

Where are you as I have vcds and managed to set my egr to minimum, this then removes the need to blank the egr.

If you blank the egr then the car will take longer to warm up, thus you will use more fuel.

doesn't that waste fuel?

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...