Oil Service help

Wykesie

Hi there,

back in September/October last year my service indicator flashed in my little miles box on my dash so I got a service done and dusted. I've now had the same indicator come on but this time it has OIL flash as well now I've contacted my usual guy and he says it needs an oil service. I popped round the corner from my work to a garage there and just asked how much they will do it for (just easier out of convenience) and he says it shouldn't need it and my service light wasn't set properly.

is it normal to have a service and an oil service light pop on separately on a Lupo or should it have been covered under my standard service. I have had some issue with small oil leaks in the past but I've had them fixed, don't know if that would have effected it.

oh my and my lupo is a 99reg 1.4 engine

Cheers for the help :)

Edited by Wykesie

the service indicator is just that it only tells you when a service is due from miles covered, if the indicator is not reset properly then it all goes out of sync, there are insp and oil services or major and minor services, if light is not showing it cant be reset so will come on when it thinks its due

Screw service lights, pointless new technology. Oil should be changed every 10,000 miles or yearly (whichever comes first). Like has been said above check your level every now and then to make sure the oil level stays between the max and min marks, if it has dropped just top it up.

Yer it's just the standard service light saying to do your oil, the other one that just flashes saying service, would be for your air filters etc etc.

Just reset it with key in and pressing some buttons which I forgot, the message will bugger off then, but only do that if your sure your car doesn't need an oil + filter change, as its a good reminder, but with it on wont affect your car at all

Nanana

I mean on the Lupo you get two service indicators. One just says 'Service' the other just says 'Oil Service' so in my mind when it pops up with 'Service' that would indicate pollen filters, air filters and other crap.

Personally I'd prefer to do it at all the same time though