VW Festival - Harewood House 2013 (merged)

Grimmer94

I usually arrange the Club Lupo stand for Leeds VW Fest, even if not attending. Unfortunately I will not be able to make it this year again, so if someone would be able to take it on it would be appreciated.

There is a limit to the Club Stands; 10 or 15 cars I think, so club slot will need to be booked and a list will need to be created.

I don't believe that a car must be of a show standard to be on a club stand, only that it is representative of the Club it is representing and that the owner has made an effort to make it presentable. This has never been an issue as most show standard cars are entered into the S&S anyhow.

The "crew" will send out stickers which must be attached to each car requiring access to the club stand. So whomever takes it on must be able to meet the other stand attendees to hand over the stickers.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Pretty simple really.

1. Book Club Stand on website.

2. Put a thread up to ask for attendees; think there is a 15 car limit. I never put up pre-requisites, just ask that the cars attending are presentable and they members make a bit of an effort to give them a clean on arrival.

3. Arrange to handover required stickers; I gave my phone number to all attendees and met them at/near the gate to hand them over.

4. Introduce yourself and enjoy the show.

http://www.vwfestival.co.uk/stands_clubs.php

PS Just realise I already said most of that.

I may be going with South Yorkshire Dubs unless we can get enough to go. Like Alex said we would both F*** it up ;)

will keep an eye out on the show but its getting close and my car may not be ready

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Shannon, I usually organise this, even if I'm not attending. However this year, as well as not attending I have also been too buusy to do it.

There was a thread where I asked someone else to take it on, but I feel it may have fallen on deaf ears.

So next year I will plan my holidays better and "we'll be back".

There is a usual crowd which attend, so hang around and see who turns up.

Hi Shannon, I usually organise this, even if I'm not attending. However this year, as well as not attending I have also been too buusy to do it.

There was a thread where I asked someone else to take it on, but I feel it may have fallen on deaf ears.

So next year I will plan my holidays better and "we'll be back".

There is a usual crowd which attend, so hang around and see who turns up.

aww thats rubbish!

i went last year and saw the club lupo stand but didnt have my own lupo, shame theres not one again this year :thumbdown: