Worthersee 2014

memousey

I thought I would see if anyone on here had ever drove to worthersee or been to give me any tips on planing it? I am wanting to drive over next year seen as my car will finally be back on the road after 2years of building her haha, or would anyone on here be interested in going?

• Like 4

I went to Worthersee in 2005 and 2006.

In 2005, we drove to Wolfsburg, visited Autostadt (worth a visit), then on to Austria for Worthersee, back through to Stuttgart to visit the Porsche museum (not worth the visit). Was away for a week and did about 3,000 miles in that week.

2nd time, we decided to fly & hire a car just because of the amount of driving involved. Was a lot less hassle, but we weren't bothered about showing our cars.

Worthersee itself is an amazing show (and really lovely place too!) and worth the visit. We stayed in Portschach and got a speedboat across the lake each day to Reifnitz (the locals do runs back & forth, can't remember what it cost but it wasn't expensive).

Don't know what it's like now, but it used to be the case that the first couple of days (Weds/Thurs/Fri) were the best days as it wasn't as busy for visitors, but all the cars were already there - the Sat/Sun was just rammed with locals getting drunk & rowdy, not interested in the cars in the slightest...

That sounds awesome it seems quite hard to find information on it to be honest I think what you have said sounds the best way of going about it though, I think we were on about stoping at the Nuremberg ring on the way home I think we would look at going during the week and then just doing abit of visiting over the weekend then, thanks for that :)