Rear disc conversion

Fretwell

Will a similar aged skoda rear axle fit my 1.0 ? Seen a picture of some they look the same ! But obviously one with discs

There's a sport in my scrap yard but the axle is twisted up could I transfer the mounting hardware ? Or would the mk4 golf have the same mounts ?

Any help would be appreciated as the lupo brakes are crap

SKODA FABIA N/S REAR BRAKE CAILPER 1999 - 2007 GENUINE PART (AXLE, HUB NOT INC)http://bit.ly/13qPseO #ebayipadSkoda axel

• Like 7

Fabia one won't fit, suspension mountings are all different.

Your better off finding a sport or gti one as then it's a straight swap

There's a sport one t scrappy but its twisted to **** ! Could I take all the mounting hardware and mount onto my rear beam ?

I've answered this one somewhere else!!

Apparently everything past the stub axel on the lupo is different but the beam is the same.

I would expect youll need different handbrake cables and not sure about pipes.

Yeah but fretwell doesn't do searching
I have :) I found the other one but was asking something else then it logged me out and I didn't want to type it all out again so I ended up posting something similar to what was already answered ! Sorry
Apparently everything past the stub axel on the lupo is different but the beam is the same. I would expect youll need different handbrake cables and not sure about pipes.
Thanks

Seems pointless. Doubt rear brakes are the problem, the bias to the back is minimal. I'd be looking at decent fluid and the front setup

Would you recommend : larger discs or just vented/grooved disc : green stuff pads ? Or better pads : braided cables : more efficient heat resistant brake fluid ? What type would be best ?

Also my last mot said the pads and discs looked brand new however they hadn't been bedded in correctly and they have warped so I get slight brake judder ? Could this be the reason why the brakes feel crap .

Thanks again

does anyone know what are the exact parts past the stub axel that are different.

I've also heard of someone doing a mk2/3 conversion kit with a bit of grinding to the rear axel to fit it on. wasn't a mass of detial though :/

THESE MAY HELP:

http://forums.clublupo.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=28347&hl=%2Bast+%2Bthe+%2Bstub+%2Baxel#entry353079

http://forums.clublupo.co.uk/index.php?/topic/94473-brake-conversion-from-drums-to-discs/?hl=%2Bbrake+%2Bconversion+%2Bkit

http://forums.clublupo.co.uk/index.php?/topic/82218-rear-beam-with-discs-ready-to-bolt-on-please/?hl=%2Brear+%2Bbrake+%2Bconversion#entry956379

Edited by Keelan

Polos/fabias have different rear beams to lupos, the lupo has a separate spring and shock the fabia/polo don't this is why you can fit a mk2 golf rear beam to one, trust me I made that mistake and thus now have a seat Ibiza cupra and lupo gti rear beam in the shed

"There's a sport in my scrap yard but the axle is twisted up could I transfer the mounting hardware ?"

From the original post. Will work then.

Edited by Keelan

Badly bedded breaks and judder would yes ruin your braking.

Drain all the old crap fluid. It scares more how people are ignorant to brake fluid being a serviceable item, it is not a lifetime product, its hygroscopic so absorbs water over time reducing effectiveness as water can compress, brake fluid doesn't.

Fresh dot4 fluid an make sure it's bled up properly, guarantee you will notice the difference in pedal feel. On a 1.0 lupo I see no point in groved/drilled discs and green stuff pads or braided lines. It's not and never will be a race car.

Does the 1.0 have vented discs as standard? If not they make a nice difference

Bigger front brakes would however be a useful upgrade an should be plentiful from higher spec lupos?

Edited by Errmerrgerrd

Badly bedded breaks and judder would yes ruin your braking.

Drain all the old crap fluid. It scares more how people are ignorant to brake fluid being a serviceable item, it is not a lifetime product, its hygroscopic so absorbs water over time reducing effectiveness as water can compress, brake fluid doesn't.

Fresh dot4 fluid an make sure it's bled up properly, guarantee you will notice the difference in pedal feel. On a 1.0 lupo I see no point in groved/drilled discs and green stuff pads or braided lines. It's not and never will be a race car.

Does the 1.0 have vented discs as standard? If not they make a nice difference

Bigger front brakes would however be a useful upgrade an should be plentiful from higher spec lupos?

Yeah I guess a bleed and some grooved pads may improve it the pads and discs were new previously before owning but the opener never beded them in correctly and have warped slightly ! I know it won't be a race car but I have a plan for it next year or year after

• 4 weeks later...

Mate

I have a lupo 1.4 tdi and a Lupo 3l, I spent hundreds upgrading my Lupo 1.4Tdi to the G60 set up, with gooved discs and race pads and braided hoses, even new Gti calipers, however it didnt really make much difference.

It does look nice mind.

What I noticed is that my Lupo 3L has better brakes as standard and I believe this is due to having ABS, which my 1.4Tdi doesnt have.

I realise the 3L is lighter though.

What im trying to say is save your money and just do a normal service with good brake fluid.

If you do however want a Gti rear axle, handbrake cables and brake pipes i have a set that due to new baby havent and wont be fitted.

Just a set of standard vented brembos, normal pads and some clean dot4. That's what I'm doing. As long as the rear drums work leave em alone. Maybe paint them up a nice colour instead of rust

Mate

I have a lupo 1.4 tdi and a Lupo 3l, I spent hundreds upgrading my Lupo 1.4Tdi to the G60 set up, with gooved discs and race pads and braided hoses, even new Gti calipers, however it didnt really make much difference.

It does look nice mind.

What I noticed is that my Lupo 3L has better brakes as standard and I believe this is due to having ABS, which my 1.4Tdi doesnt have.

I realise the 3L is lighter though.

What im trying to say is save your money and just do a normal service with good brake fluid.

If you do however want a Gti rear axle, handbrake cables and brake pipes i have a set that due to new baby havent and wont be fitted.

can you pm me with a price please