Rear brakes making an odd squeaking noise

So the past couple of days I've thought the car felt really heavy on acceleration. I've been conviced the brakes are sticking. So today I knocked on the rear brake housing with a hammer and the car definitely felt less heavy afterwards. Only bugger I now get is that when i release the brake (I do have to be under power though, in neutral on a flat road it doesn't happen) I get a small squeak. The teenager assures me its coming from the driver side rear wheel.

Anyone got any ideas what that could be? Do i need to get the rear brakes replaced? :(

I have recently had the rear suspension replaced but i never noticed it before the car started feeling heavy and i did the hammer thing (they used to creak a bit first thing in the morning though!) ...

• Like 1

On the plus side just measured the front pads and they are 6mm ... they SHOULD be in contact with the discs right? The discs were pretty hot after a 30 min drive through town though ... I could still bare to touch them for a second though ...