polyurethane bushes

Keelan

Does anyone know where I can get poly bushes from cheaply. the websites say one things and then they lead you to distributors that but an extra 50% on the price tag..

• Like 3

Used to be all Powerflex on ebay for Loops but now there's 'Polybush' branded polybushes. Mmmm, generic!

146 quid for a 'full kit': http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/POLYBUSH-FULL-KIT-146-VW-Lupo-98-05-Polo-MK3-94-02-/150993590254

That's 6 whole bushes! Actually Powerflex works out about the same for a front kit & a rear kit which is the same 6 bushes.

Proper full kit from Powerflex (14 bushes) is megabucks http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-Lupo-6E-and-6X-Powerflex-Complete-Bush-Kit-/110877403555

PolyBush aren't too bad.

Not too sure if they make them for the Lupo, but Hardrace are the dogs danglies when it comes to bushes. They're not polyurethane, but a differen compound of rubber, so not quite as hard and dont squeak

• Like 1

Purely down to branding I'd say.. You could buy a diesel T shirt for £70, go next door and buy one almost identical in primark for £4.. Quality will be practically identical your just paying for the brand.. Lets face it, applies to nearly all products..

Purely down to branding I'd say.. You could buy a diesel T shirt for £70, go next door and buy one almost identical in primark for £4.. Quality will be practically identical your just paying for the brand.. Lets face it, applies to nearly all products..

that's very true, just didn't want to give these a go and find out there's corners cut at some point of making them

Just to make you aware Polybush bushes listed for the Lupo don't actually seem to fit...I had front and rear wishbone bushes. Neither fitted. Powerflex however we fitted in about 30 seconds!

Fronts - I don't have a picture but basically there is no way they are going in! They were too wide and long to go in.

Rears - Too tall, wouldn't fit in. Also the sleeve in the middle was far too big, would mean that your bush is pretty useless as it'll be slopping around.

20130318_183706_zps1722da1a.jpg

20130318_183932_zps5effd51d.jpg

20130318_183720_zps6b287788.jpg

• Like 1

^ that's a pita! The Bonrath fronts fit fine both front and rear bushes although they are slightly larger than the standards. Quite a tight fit into the subframe.. Never got round to fitting the rears although they looked like they were the correct size..

Mike

Polybush are poop, had loads of fitment problems when I've used them previously and it's nearly always stupid little things that their production line have f**ked up. Wrong crush tubes, Wrong bushes in box etc. etc.
Rumours around the trade suggest that bonrath went under, plus buying poly urethane bushes from german eBay you would have absolutely no warranty.

Powerflex and Superpro are pretty much the two best bush manufacturers in the world. Don't use the black series bushes on the road. They are not designed for road use and will be overly harsh / noisy. Just stick to the normal Road/Fast road bushes that Powerflex do and you can't go far wrong.

If anyone would like a competitive quote on Powerflex bushes for the Lupo or any other car, feel free to PM me as I have worked for Powerflex on a few occasions.

I went with the standard powerflex bushes, purchased though nfbr.

Fitted no problem, no noise issues squeeking etc

My bushes were shot so can't comment on any improvement as they were changed when I upgraded my suspension.

I went with the standard powerflex bushes, purchased though nfbr.

Fitted no problem, no noise issues squeeking etc

My bushes were shot so can't comment on any improvement as they were changed when I upgraded my suspension.

• 4 months later...

My GTI needs some front ARB bushes and lower wishbone bushes. Rather than going for OEM replacements I was thinking of maybe changing all the bushes on the car to Powerflex as I suspect they will all be deteriorating to some extent or other given the age.

How do the standard Powerflex bushes compare to VW OEM ?

Do they make the ride harder or is it just as compliant but with a better performance and longer life ?

Also, how easy are the bushes to change ?

• 2 weeks later...

Easy to change normally and PM nfbr as I was sorted right out.

(however I didn't get ARB bushes) they are firmer and durable. As said before, life time guarantee

I also think there are three different ones depending on model lupo so make sure they are right