lupo gti remaps

memousey

i tried the search bar but didnt seem to find anything, is it possible to remap a lupo gti? and is there anywere that can do it and is it really worth getting it done? i had my 1.4 sport mapped and got nearly a 18bhp gain on the rollers at awesome with just a decent air filter.

hope you guys can help cheers

• Like 6

18hp on a 1.4 with filter/remap?

Methinks someone at awesome has forgotten how to use a rolling road.

Remaps are more popular on forced induction cars as they normally increase boost.

If all your going to do is sulk about it why bother neither of you have helped at all I have the print outs to prove it lol but yano I ain't interested in that were can map a gti?

You could build boats for all I care :) just saying what the print outs said :) and I would like to get my gti mapped if you can I know forced induction creates greater gains on maps, tbf I am a mechanic myself so I understand that is very good for a na engine

You could build boats for all I care :) just saying what the print outs said :) and I would like to get my gti mapped if you can I know forced induction creates greater gains on maps, tbf I am a mechanic myself so I understand that is very good for a na engine

Yes, because boats and race cars require the same mechanical know-how

It's not worth it, no matter what you may think. I had 4 branch manifold, high lift cams, full supersprint pipe, decat etc...

Before remap, 152bhp, after remap 153bhp. I basically paid £300 just to raise the tickover by 250rpm. Waste.

It's not worth it, no matter what you may think. I had 4 branch manifold, high lift cams, full supersprint pipe, decat etc...

Before remap, 152bhp, after remap 153bhp. I basically paid £300 just to raise the tickover by 250rpm. Waste.

How did the two power curves compare though

Clearly what you're missing is a backbox delete and k&n air filter. Then bare bhp follows.

I could build boats yes, as boats require engines. Not sure how that's relevant as it doesn't diminish my knowledge of power increase. But as you're a mechanic you must know better than a professional race engine builder with an engineering degree. Well done you.

'Professional Race Engine' builder, I have no doubt as to your credentials, I will take your honest word for it, but stop blowing smoke up your own arse. We get the idea, it doesn't mean you are correct on any engine related matters(I'm not saying a agree or disagree as to the 18hp gain). You will not convince Matt that his car didnt make 18hp as he said himself, he believes it does due to the print outs he has. So no matter how many times you drop in that you build race engines you won't convince him otherwise and your point (that you disagree) will not be made any better or clearer as a result of your continued, obnoxious repetition.

'Professional Race Engine' builder, I have no doubt as to your credentials, I will take your honest word for it, but stop blowing smoke up your own arse. We get the idea, it doesn't mean you are correct on any engine related matters(I'm not saying a agree or disagree as to the 18hp gain). You will not convince Matt that his car didnt make 18hp as he said himself, he believes it does due to the print outs he has. So no matter how many times you drop in that you build race engines you won't convince him otherwise and your point (that you disagree) will not be made any better or clearer as a result of your continued, obnoxious repetition.

You do relaise that a majority of RR are massively incorrect and each one would be different... He might have a 14% gain in MPG, but chances of bhp are very slim!

You do relaise that a majority of RR are massively incorrect and each one would be different... He might have a 14% gain in MPG, but chances of bhp are very slim!

Depends on the gear ratio. For it to be accurate it needs to be 1:1.

But yeah, i didn't get 15hp when I changed the airbox on the ST, so to get a 25% power increase is dreaming

As I clearly stated, I'm not commenting on the acclaimed bhp gains. I just wanted to make it clear that we get the idea, race engines, race engines, btw, race engines.