Paint / Common sense

reeceliamallsop

hey members

so after realising i cannot afford a new motor i shall stick with the lupo, but make it acceptable.

the previous owner well and truly screwed the paint job up by replacing the bumpers then painting over the top; no primer. so i have a red lupo with blue chips everywhere.

but my question is, i need my front bumper, indicator panel, bonnet, roof and rear bumper painting. should i get these painted or get the whole car painted, the original colour

• Like 4

hey members

so after realising i cannot afford a new motor i shall stick with the lupo, but make it acceptable.

the previous owner well and truly screwed the paint job up by replacing the bumpers then painting over the top; no primer. so i have a red lupo with blue chips everywhere.

but my question is, i need my front bumper, indicator panel, bonnet, roof and rear bumper painting. should i get these painted or get the whole car painted, the original colour

No offence pal, but if you're so desperate to get rid of Lupo, just save your money, and then spend it on something else mate. Like, I'm sure it's annoying what you describe, but it seems strange to refresh your car, knowing full well you will sell it as soon as a reasonable opportunity arrives. You may as well save yourself the hassle, stick with it, then sell it for near what you paid for it. Just my opinion I guess.

If you do want to do go ahead, source colour matched parts from fleaBay, scrapyards, and various places like that. I've seen them go super cheap and red is a fairly common colour.

Edited by Skezza

Would really need to know more about the car, to decide whether a re-spray is worth it. What year, mileage, condition, service history...

As said, you should be able to pick up the red front parts from a breaker fairly reasonable.