Spraying my own wheels

Samanferr10

I always look up to guys (inc girls) on here who does their own jobs, i always wish i could do it but never have the confidence to try..

Today i did :)

I bought a set of what i am told to be mk2 scirocco wheels, "original G60's" some say, or similar to new G60's but with circles instead of D shape holes.

2 were still in silver a little rusty, and 2 painted black.

IMG_2303_zps570acee2.jpg

IMG_2304_zpsbcc51d43.jpg

I sanded them down by hand not really to get the paint off but just to scrub them hoping for more hold for the primer to stick to and to get rid of any rust.

IMG_2307_zps6173d125.jpg

IMG_2308_zps469d2135.jpg

I then sprayed them with primer, got around 3 coats on each rim with a 500ml can

IMG_2309_zpsdb67bb6f.jpg

IMG_2311_zpsbd4b86cc.jpg

I managed to get 2 coats of my chosen colour but that was all for today but when i finish them off tomorrow ill upload those pics and the finished look..

I must say i am pretty proud of how they turned out they look like they are coming along nicely, and to anyone who thinks it may be too difficult if i can do it anyone can.

Edited by Samanferr10
  • Like 2

Nicely. They are indeed original G60s, good find.

• 7 months later...

Bit of a thread resurection, but I will be doing the exact same thing with my G60's this weekend. thinking of going creme to match the front badge but wondered whether to go a little more lairy. Maybe pink or something to contrast the blue of the car!