Heated front screen

cobrarally

Can't see how you could fit one without adding some live contact points for the heating element.

Still, I'm all ears.

Thought they were Ford only ?

No several cars have them, including several high end VAG models. My Cooper S had it, was fantastic I must admit.

Maybe add a heated rear window switch from a scrapper and a few wires, shouldn't be too difficult?

Are you for real?

No several cars have them, including several high end VAG models. My Cooper S had it, was fantastic I must admit.

Are you for real?

Seem a bit harsh! What I mean is it's not a massive job! A relay, some wiring and a switch and a new windscreen...

the wiring is the easy bit, is a mini windscreen even close to a lupo?

• 2 weeks later...

My dad had one custom made for his Marcos, there are no blowers so it is required for the MOT. Theres also a voltmeter gauge on the dash, and turning on the heated screen really zaps the volts!

Edited by harreeeee

Its really sad though. My dad finished building the marcos in 1994, when I was 3 years old, and he has owned it my whole life, im 21 now. We took it to track days every year, I became really attached to the car. But my dad is 65 now, he wants to sell it. It will break my heart to see someone else driving it, I would honestly rather it was crushed than sold to someone else. He built it, and hes had it for as long as I can remember, its not right that anyone else should own it!

Has anyone else had the same emotional attachment to a car?

Why doesn't he pass it down to you? I thought that was the decent thing to do! I know I'd pass my things down to my children (when and if I ever have them) unless I REALLY needed the money.

I'm a hard sod, but I know if my dad done something like that, I'd most likely never speak to him again, but as my dad drives a 2001 vectra that won't ever happen haha.

In my opinion if you've got no emotional attachment to a car then it was boring. Like for you the car has pedigree, it's grown up with you and you've been around it all the time.. It happens more than you think, like people with older cars, countless problems but you just don't want to give up and keep buying new parts to make it live for another month or so.

Have a word with him, "if you sell this car, then when your older I'll sell you to a retirement home full of strangers"

Its because he wants to buy an E92 M3 lol, and he can only do that if he sells the marcos!

I would love to have it, but its really not an everyday car so I would need a garage, money and mechanical knowledge! He will have to mot and tax it before he sells, so there is probably one last drive left. :(

Theres a video of it below if anyone is interested, i cant bring myself to watch it, too upsetting!

Edited by harreeeee