part\full Respray or wrap

1litrePWER

Hi boys and girls . I have a x reg mk1 arosa and have loads of parking dents/stonechips . What is easiest and rough costs of each of the following a full wrap ( in matte black) , full respray in canica blue , or a part respray in artic grey ( which is silver :S )

• Like 2

I have a friend in vehicle wrapping, high quality work using only 3M vinyl and he said about £800 is the going rate for a lupo sized car

A respray is anywhere from £1500-3500 depending if it's a fully spray, what prep is included, how good the work is etc

I'd weigh up if your car is worth it? How long do you plan on keeping it? Will a £2k respray add anything to the resale value? Can you justify the money etc, scratch repair companies aren't that cheap either but if you really want clean bodywork you have to pay top prices to do it

Keep in mind if you fancy doing a colour change you must tell dvla & insurance, but if you go for a wrap you don't as it's considered a non-perm change.

I'd personally go for a part/full re-spray, as I'm not a lover of wraps, unless from chiqitos

Generally with scratches if you can feel them they wont buff out, I usually have loadsa fine ones on my artic silver passat but meguires ultimate compound gets rid of them, whenever I can be assed to do them.

Are they quite deep then?

Coming from someone in the signage and vehicle graphics and wrapping industry if your getting a wrap done for £400 your going to have a bad time!

Like matt said your looking from £800-£1000 for a full decent wrap.

People who charge in the region of £400 are going to use cack vinyl which could peal it probably isnt going to be cast so it will pop out of any indentations and their finishing is generally ****.

I dont mean to hate on the 1 man bands who do vehicle wrapping in their garage but if you want it done properly go to someone who has a good reputation. Someone who can show you photos of their cars and sometimes videos.