My GTI (tehe)

H3NRY

Had this for about 3 weeks. It's my only car and will see a fair bit of the road (400m a week). It's already very solid body-wise and mechanically. Sold as unwarranted 70k miles but its 100% believable - just no concrete proof as very little history.

Mods I know about are:

Full re-spray (no rust, no fade, very high standard)

KONI fully adjustable coilovers.

Magnex stainless exhaust.

VW Sebring Alloys (tatty)

Plans are to clean it lots, service it lots, fix all the niggles and keep it timeless.

8721498018_934afcf8b7_c.jpg

8720374193_4a62d6a2cf_c.jpg

8721497700_fac00d86d1_c.jpg

(Sorry about the Clio)

I'll try to post any major updates, but I'm not good at documenting every little thing. I've already re-attatched a driveshaft as it was put in finger-tight by some moron, had an alignment done, replaced a coolant hose and replaced the bulbs in the clocks (yawn).

• Like 3

Cheers! Just trying to work out offsets at the minute. Want BBS but dont want to pay BBS prices so looking at other splits.

Want to take it to a rolling road and get it tuned just to make sure its running spot on.

If you are worried the mileage isn't right you can check up online on the direct.gov website. Get your V5 and then search google for MOT history check (the direct.gov) one. You can check all the MOT history there and each MOT the mileage is recorded and inputted onto this.

• Like 1

If you are worried the mileage isn't right you can check up online on the direct.gov website. Get your V5 and then search google for MOT history check (the direct.gov) one. You can check all the MOT history there and each MOT the mileage is recorded and inputted onto this.

Thanks, the seller did this and it all checks out. He didn't take this as concrete proof though as it's not been on the road all its life by the looks of it. Im certain it is - you just have to look at the interior to tell.

• 4 weeks later...

Stunning mk2

• 2 weeks later...
Washed the car and fitted a NOS rear badge that my dad thought would 'come in handy' back in the 80s when he worked for VW. My alternator belt is also 30 year old NOS.

9300747534_e31545dac3_c.jpg

9300747168_e6b6e6dd08_c.jpg

Went to the scrapyard and picked up these polished inserts too.

9300747902_561d1d8e6b_c.jpg

Paint looks nice!

• 5 weeks later...

Got this.
9555997653_89ec2759ed_c.jpg
And these.
9558786350_d9d363bd38_c.jpg
Did this.
9555999535_a7cdc35a23_c.jpg
Perfect with 195/45/15.

Only a test fit, may lower the front a bit and camber the wheels in very slightly to guarantee no rubbing.

Head gasket is gone ATM so booked in for fixing on the 3rd.

• 3 weeks later...