TWIN 45 WEBER CONVERTION , GTI AVY ENGINE

Zac Bunce

Hi guys im currently building a Porsche lupo which I would like to put TWIN 45 Weber's onto my GTI AVY engine conversion

and im having trouble in finding a way to convert the AVY engine into a manual spark ,..

would either like to know how to convert a AVY engine over to distributer and coil or any form of ignition ,..

I have been told a MEGAJOLT management system and a ford EDIS kit would possibly be the way to go about doing this ? please can anyone help it would be most appreciated :)?

• Like 3

do they fit straight onto the 1.6 16v lupo block ? and are they distributer and coil pack ?

and are they still 1.6 16v heads ?

:)

Don't know if this is a common modification, but you might be better off using DCOE 40's. I have a classic car which is 1725cc and that runs twin 40's which are a bit OTT in terms of fuelling for the size of engine. Twin 45's on a 1600 would perhaps be even worse?!

yeah it did pass my mind on maybe being abit to much ,.. so after you have said that yours struggle on 40's im going to go twin 40's instead,.. :L

and james wouldn't the cams profile on the AFH polo cam box be worse than the AVY gti engine ,.. as the AFH is only a 1.4 16v ,.. and the AVY is 1.6 16v ,.. wouldn't it be like going a step backwards ? putting 1.4 cams in a 1.6 ?

it will all fit and should be good, (they share gasket sets)

you know Mitch's grey lupo?

(pink/purple inside, polished bonnet etc?)

that had a GTi bottom, 1.4s box. AFH head, and either ITB'S or carbs. ive heard it goes very well.

its all oddball, but the afh is like an early sleeved down GTI with no VVT (better without)

you cant use GTI cams as you need the keyway for the distributor.

that's basically exactly the engine im building !!,.. AVY bottom end ,.. 1.4S gearbox and now as you say a AFH cambox on twin 40 webers with a 35 chock pipe so runs better for a 1.6 :)

thank you mate your a realy help ,.. but I need to know is it the hole head I need or just the cam box ? as that's the only bit with the distributer on the end :)?

Could you not just run an ignition only ECU? The likes of a DTA S40 would work with carbs, saying that you may aswell run ITB's at that point surely? Much more power gain and tunability...

• 7 years later...

Good day guys

I hope you can help i planted the 1.6 16v ARC into my polo vivo but have a problem with the vvt solenoid, meaning i lose oil pressure because of a busted solenoid.. being i imported the motor can't find a new solenoid. Can i use a different cam box on the 1.6 head? If so, which would you suggest? 

Thanks from South Africa.