Jump to content
CLAYTONJONES

Clayton's Tornado Red GTI..

Recommended Posts

In the video he mentions you have a lightweight flywheel? Mind sharing which brand flywheel it is?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, tttttada said:

In the video he mentions you have a lightweight flywheel? Mind sharing which brand flywheel it is?

It’s made by a company called Epytec in Germany

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Awesome setup you got there, nice little track weapon. I followed it closely and i like what you did, nice build. Keep it like that. On the track it looks like the car is moving really nice, with neutral behavior and very little understeer. How many laps could you squeeze out of the AD08R's until overheating them?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Aditza579 said:

Awesome setup you got there, nice little track weapon. I followed it closely and i like what you did, nice build. Keep it like that. On the track it looks like the car is moving really nice, with neutral behavior and very little understeer. How many laps could you squeeze out of the AD08R's until overheating them?

Cheers appreciate the nice words👍🏼 

 

The rear anti roll bar really helps with understeer, the car rotates nicely when you need it to as well.

 

When i was really pushing them i find around 6-7 laps of Snetterton then you can feel them stary to over heat. I tend to about 5 at a time, seems to be the sweet spot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The latest little mod, fitted a 7 row oil cooler Saturday. The car has never struglled with heat but with two Nürburgring trips coming up in the summer I thought why not, better to be safe than sorry! I’m going to paint it Black as i’m not keen on the way it stands out behind the bumper.

GhclQmx.jpg
ra2EA74.jpg
3b6D1fe.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Painted the oil cooler Black today as I didn’t like the Silver standing out through the grill. Also painted the crash bar whilst I had the paint out :)

sMIJNlv.jpg
24NLWl5.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Its a great upgrade, looks like a Mocal? thermostatic oil filter plate?

Do you already have oil temperature gauge set up? I am interested in what temperature the AVY oil runs at - suspect its little hot head! I have some genuine VAG VDO gauges I need to fit in the space next the radio.

Mine is 13 row, a hand-me-down from my old Mk3 Gti. Sized for 2 litre 150 bhp ABF engine, the standard dash could be set to show oil temp, before cooler on motorway it would spike to over 120c after cooler it was a rock steady 90c. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm sure painting it will assist with heat dissipation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

MCM did a back to back air temperature test with an intercooler, they tested raw aluminium and then painted the same one black - in fact:

- the result was cooler when black

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Of course it is.

Pc world now.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎3‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 5:49 PM, CLAYTONJONES said:

The latest little mod, fitted a 7 row oil cooler Saturday. The car has never struglled with heat but with two Nürburgring trips coming up in the summer I thought why not, better to be safe than sorry! I’m going to paint it Black as i’m not keen on the way it stands out behind the bumper.

GhclQmx.jpg
ra2EA74.jpg
3b6D1fe.jpg

id recommend a thermostat in your oil cooler system, otherwise it'll take ages to get up to temperature and could cause more harm than good. Mocal do one in their sandwhich plate, or mishimoto do a serpate unit

Looking good though,

What was the reason behind the R32 wishbone bushes over powerflex ones?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, imaparana said:

id recommend a thermostat in your oil cooler system, otherwise it'll take ages to get up to temperature and could cause more harm than good. Mocal do one in their sandwhich plate, or mishimoto do a serpate unit

Looking good though,

What was the reason behind the R32 wishbone bushes over powerflex ones?

 

A mate of mine had this and said I could have it, so i thought i’d try it without first. The car will only get driven properly once I know the oil is up to temperature. 

 

The reason for the R32 bushes is purely because they are softer than Powerflex but stiffer than standard. The whole idea with this car is to make it a really good road and decent on the track. So I don’t want it too stiff 👍🏼

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.