Jump to content
CLAYTONJONES

Clayton's Tornado Red GTI..

Recommended Posts

22 minutes ago, CLAYTONJONES said:

Video of how it sounds for anyone interested!

 

 

Nice👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love the induction noise!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well today has been a fantastic day, I’m sure most of you know or have heard of Sideways Sid. I took the car to him today for him to make a video on and to get someone else’s opinion on the car! It seems like he absolutely loved the car and he was really surprised by it. He is a super nice guy, we wasted a good 2 hours just talking car stuff lol. Not too sure when the video will be out but i’ll be sure to post it in here when it goes live!

GmvjrgY.jpg
BK0huZv.jpg

EmXN7It.jpg

CcDzpXB.jpg

Edited by CLAYTONJONES

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is a cracking car with all the work and effort that you have put in it. Keep it up.

Andrew

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great film, not sure I would have let him do some of the things he was doing, even if you were in the Lupo with him!

He really got to grips with it in a very short time  - Were you sat next to him whilst he did his bit to camera? - must have been a bit weird with him talking about as though you werent there!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, LR5V said:

Great film, not sure I would have let him do some of the things he was doing, even if you were in the Lupo with him!

He really got to grips with it in a very short time  - Were you sat next to him whilst he did his bit to camera? - must have been a bit weird with him talking about as though you werent there!

 

Cheers, i’m pleased with how it turned out. 

To be honest, I drive the car just as hard everytime it gets driven, apart from the handbrakes. I just thought why not for a video.

Yeah he really is a good driver, after about 10 minutes it seemed like he knew the car very well. I was in the car all of the time, it was very strange i must say!

Edited by CLAYTONJONES

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't report back too soon - They will rattle for around 100 miles before settling down - you should find turn in improves & steering feels more direct

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, LR5V said:

Don't report back too soon - They will rattle for around 100 miles before settling down - you should find turn in improves & steering feels more direct

I drove around 50 miles last night, geometry isn’t too far and I didn’t have a hint of rattle? Completely silent.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/10/2019 at 9:34 PM, CLAYTONJONES said:

Fitted the R32 rear wishbone bushes yeaterday, will report back if i can notice any difference once the geometry is setup again👍🏼

 

Do they fit straight in? Did not know that... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I had the geometry setup again and the car was feeling amazing so it meant for only one thing. Book a trackday at Snetterton for the Thursday (Valentines) 😂 The weather was absolutely perfect, and 12 degrees with the sun out and a perfectly dry track. The car felt absolutely incredible, keeping up with a lot of cars you wouldn't expect it to. The new bushes has definitely improved steering feel and initial turn in. The car was faultless, not a single issue all day, i was one of the last going round towards the end of the day despite doing over 50 laps already! 

I'll leave some pictures and videos below if anyone is interested.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MStdnlR2uvk&t=2s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJ7fm5eXDAw
VmjeDaX.jpg
BCRlTnq.jpg
g6FgG7j.jpg
Bqk56lb.jpg
ZwD4c5L.jpg
FTYf8RP.jpg

Edited by CLAYTONJONES

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice. What GoPro mount are you using too that allows it to move slightly? And what geometry have you gone for? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, cj1 said:

Nice. What GoPro mount are you using too that allows it to move slightly? And what geometry have you gone for? 

It’s not the mount that does that, it’s the Gopro. If you have a Hero 5 or above it has that built in. 

 

I’ll leave a picture below of the Geometry, it could be more aggresive for track but this is what i find works well for road use as well👍🏼

 

nu5mGK5.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, CLAYTONJONES said:

It’s not the mount that does that, it’s the Gopro. If you have a Hero 5 or above it has that built in. 

 

I’ll leave a picture below of the Geometry, it could be more aggresive for track but this is what i find works well for road use as well👍🏼

 

nu5mGK5.jpg

Ahh okay I didn’t know that! 

Seems like good settings. Is the subframe out of line though to give the odd caster readings? 

Edited by cj1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, cj1 said:

Ahh okay I didn’t know that! 

Seems like good settings. Is the subframe out of line though to give the odd caster readings? 

I’m not quite sure why they are off a tad, we tried to adjust it some more but thats as close as we could get it🤷🏼‍♂️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.