Clayton's Tornado Red GTI..

CLAYTONJONES

Well I'm back from what can only be described as one of the best trips ever. The weather was perfect! I covered 1273 miles in total, 6 laps of the Ring and the car didn't miss a beat. It continues to amaze me and anyone else that comes in the car. Last year my best BTG was a 9.50 taking it fairly easy as I didn't know the track at all. This year, with the car feeling much more capable than last year I managed to get into the 8's with a 8.49! With a passenger and a couple of hold ups.

I say it to everyone who has never been to the Nurburgring, make it a priority as it is simply the best place in the world for petrol heads! It was extremely busy on the Friday as it was Car Freitag, but Saturday, Sunday and Monday were a bit quieter. Especially if you get to the track first thing. 

I thought a few of you would spot me in Shmee's video, it was a very strange moment as I have been watching him for so long. Safe to say the Senna looked even better in person.

I also stopped at Circuit de Reims-Gueux as I was passing through from Paris, would of been rude not to get a few photo's!

I'll leave a few pictures below of the whole trip!

uRdlXC6.jpg
Ie2IoBv.jpg
NgD1s7q.jpg
rZK9yWp.jpg
FTTcLYW.jpg
9dvRGvb.jpg
kiD6Mxn.jpg
H1owN9H.jpg
vMVmgrG.jpg

And save the best till last...

lbXoJEt.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

So I got the wheels back from Aerocoat after their fresh refurb, they turned out lovely. Coated them with Gtechniq C5 to keep them nice. Wrapped them in Michelin PS3’s to be my all year round tyre! 

Got them on the car yesterday after it’s MOT which it passed. Safe to say I am over the moon with how good they look, let me know what you think! I’m still waiting on centre caps too arrive as well.

iEUYuUs.jpg
tz29Dt7.jpg
h2xKtDE.jpg
nreWyAC.jpg
VYXqpjw.jpg
6s5Hh44.jpg

1 hour ago, Sausage said:

I prefer them in anthracite. How much weight difference between them and Superleggeras?

Your the first person to say it but i liked them in Grey too, I just think they look better in Silver.

2 minutes ago, LR5V said:

I reckon the enki’s are the obese ones, but not by much over the superligerra’s

Believe it or not, the Enkei’s are 0.2kg lighter!

Latest little mod, DIY engine mount. The standard engine mount is oil filled and there is no aftermarket solution out there. I noticed mine felt a bit sloppy at the Ring so I thought i’d look into it, I purchased some Poly Resin, the same stuff the use to make engine mounts. Set about splitting the standard one open and draining all the oil out. I opted for the softer resin as I didn’t want it too stiff. But turns out even with the softest resin it is a LOT stiffer than standard! Instantly noticed a lot more vibrations ok start up, i’ve done over 200 miles the weekend and it’s definitely bedded in a bit and feels much better now. Engine noise inside the cabin has completely changed, sounds better. Gear changes feel even more precise. Overall, really happy with it! Painted the engine mounts and a couple of brackets as well to tidy it up a bit. I’ll leave some pictures below and some more pictures on the new wheels :)

LC3eJaJ.jpg
nBCv6Mp.jpg
764unRb.jpg
oST1Qa5.jpg

My new favourite picture i’ve taken

qoOXg0W.jpg
i4uEUaF.jpg
xhxXSno.jpg
gTXN7by.jpg
L1vacXQ.jpg

Edited by CLAYTONJONES
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Dammit I've been looking for that accelerator pedal for ages and it's on a TT! What a fool I've been, totally forgot where the Lupo got its pedal rubbers from! D'oh!

12 hours ago, dougie1142 said:

I'm glad I'm not the only one that finds the pedal layout not great! I never even thought about getting an extension. Is this something available off the shelf? 

It certainly is, i got it from thettshop.co.uk

The website seems to be down at the moment.

5 hours ago, lupogtiboy said:

Dammit I've been looking for that accelerator pedal for ages and it's on a TT! What a fool I've been, totally forgot where the Lupo got its pedal rubbers from! D'oh!

Been out in the car tonight and it really has made a nice difference, noticeably easier to heel-toe👍🏼

3 hours ago, Reedo said:

What was the pedal like to fit? ive had some new pedal covers and put them on which were a total asshat to get on?

Its actually really easy, i’ve had all them off before and went back on no issues. If you struggle, put them rubbers in some boiling water first👍🏼

Edited by CLAYTONJONES