Finally got a GTI

CLAYTONJONES

Hello everyone, after looking for a Lupo GTI for about 4 months i finally found one. It is a 2002 Red GTI, 64k miles, Full service history. All sounds good doesn't it? I drove 200 miles to get it, on the way home about 2 miles away. The engine blew up, i had my mate who is a mechanic at bentley look at it and he said the whole engine has had it! Bad luck or what?:(

So i am on the look out for a GTI engine now, if anyone knows of one for sale please let me know.

Thanks

• Like 1

This wasn't the one that was in Smethwick was it? It was pulled from ebay yesterday - you beat me to it if so!

What exactly went wrong with the engine, do you know? Is is rebuildable?

Cheers

Rob

Yes it is the one, bet your glad you didnt buy it! Not 100% sure what happened but a spark plug has been completed torn to pieces. Not rebuildable so on the look out for another GTI engine.

**** man sorry to hear about your GTI, I have 2 and luv both but one has to go to a new good home as the wife is bending my ear lol

**** man sorry to hear about your GTI, I have 2 and luv both but one has to go to a new good home as the wife is bending my ear lol

Still got the super cheap red one ?

No that one went long time ago just the black one 6 speed with air con and the other red one that I'm keeping

Now, I have a Gti engine that don't laugh I'm thinking of putting a diesel into. What will fit? It's it's easy you can have my Gti engine. You can see it running, runs perfect.

PD has been done. Similar amount of work as a 1.8T presumably.

Get the person you bought it from to repair it, or was it a private sale? I'd personally never buy from a private seller, only dealers for me so worth the extra grand or so for the peice of mind

Get the person you bought it from to repair it, or was it a private sale? I'd personally never buy from a private seller, only dealers for me so worth the extra grand or so for the peice of mind

Yeah it was private unfortunately, but i have an engine sorted now :yes:

What caused the engine failure?

Going to guess it burned off most of the oil in the 200 mile journey and seized

Im not sure what caused it, the first thing i noticed when i lifted the bonnet was that there was no coolant. It went through the engine and came out of the exhaust