alloys, first time refurb

Kiadeano

Hi ive been wanting some alloys for time for my arosa, so i visited a few breakers yuards and found some vw five spoke, 155,55,14 off set 38 i think, think they were from a lupo, they've a few scub marks and some flaked paint, but im going to try my hand at refurb, clean, file small marks out, fill the large ones with ali filler, spray filler primer over filled wholes then sand it back, sand the blistered paint out then matt the whole wheel with 400 grit wet and dry, once clean prime with grey pimer color coat then laquer. i was thinking of using halfords audi silver, i wanted that color shift paint but cant find it anywhere, any advice would be greatfull.image_zps75c63f64.jpg ive just sussed out how to uploaded pics, yeahh, so heres the work ive done on the interior so far

Edited by Kiadeano

Sounds good, work your way up to a higher grit for a smoother finish though, it's all about the prep. Sand between coats with 1500+ too, especially before you lacquer.

Order by:

bth_image_zps3aa81f34.jpg?t=1369146884

bth_image_zps0d003f7d.jpg?t=1369146830

HI heres the wheels before and after, what do you think. I'm also waiting for some side skirts comming from gt tuning but you dont get a fixing kit with them, so whats the best way to attach, i was going to use no 8 self tappers and those spire clips into the inside wheel arch somehow and use tiger seal, would tiger seal alone be strong enough?

I done some of my own alloys and used E-Tech alloy spray paint off ebay, it takes 2 tins to do 4 wheels and its really good stuff, they do a few different colours. Its different to normal spray paint, much tougher and even doesn't look rattle canned like cheap spray! take a look on ebay its about £6.00 a tin but is well worth it!

• Like 2