New member from Sheffield

T3LLIOTT

Hello everybody!

After driving my mums car for 10 months and saving up, I've finally been able to afford my own car! Being a long time lurker within this forum looking at various topics and advice from other users, I decided to buy a Lupo! :)

I bought it on Thursday with 62,000 miles on the clock with service history to back it up and it's only done 10,000 miles in the last 10 years! So far I've covered ~100 miles including a trip to Leeds and I have to say I've loved every minute! It has great character and I love the quirky features such as the dials and pop up front seats! :P

Mods wise I plan on lowering it at some stage and probably change the wheels for something nice and subtle with a bit of dish!

So here she is......

Lupofront_zpsd3d8fec3.jpg

Lupoback_zpsbc7c4564.jpg

And the keys....

Lupokeys_zpsfb944157.jpg

Although these tend to change every 1-2 weeks as we make these at work so I'm never short on supply/choice (the keyrings that is!) B)

Cheers,

Tom

(Edited to IMG picture format)

Edited by T3LLIOTT

Hello and welcome!! When you have time you should come for a meet (when it's finally arranged) hahaa I too am in the Sheffield area...can't wait to see the progress for this....x

Edited by jamjargem

Hello and welcome!! When you have time you should come for a meet (when it's finally arranged) hahaa I too am in the Sheffield area...can't wait to see the progress for this....x

Hi! I'm definately up for a meet at some stage and I'll have to look out for you in Sheffield! Your Lupo looks really sweat btw!

• 2 months later...

This is how she's looking after I added the G60's with black centres! I think it's a big improvment over the :censored: ones that were on before. Just need to get the height sorted now....

2013-08-0709434122_zps3089b3d0.jpg

2013-08-070943588_zps473df6b8.jpg

I also made some Lego dust caps at work which I'm quite proud of!! :)

2013-07-251629488_zpsd8b64b17.jpg

cars looking nice. im in sheffield too, got me my first car, 1.4s like yours. similar mileage etc

might see you driving round eh!

Thanks mate! :) Where abouts in Sheffield are you and do you have any plans for yours?!

up in crookesmoor.

when i have some money saved up i want to do the standard wheels and lowering. gunna be a while yet though i think, and got some mechanical stuff that needs sorting too as it's a bit dodgy still haha

carbon wrapped front badge is all ive managed so far!

up in crookesmoor.

when i have some money saved up i want to do the standard wheels and lowering. gunna be a while yet though i think, and got some mechanical stuff that needs sorting too as it's a bit dodgy still haha

carbon wrapped front badge is all ive managed so far!

Im up for a meet soonish let us no

@Tim - Sounds good to me! Look forward to seeing it's progress :)

@Alex - There's a meet at Meadowhall Retail Park on the 19th, just check the Events section :thumbsup:

Ordered some coilovers from Richard at Venom motorsport on monday and they arrived the next day, so great sevice there!

FKCoilovers_zps0d1cfcb4.jpg

Just need to get them fitted which will be either Thursday or Friday, so not long now! :)

coilovers looking decent. how much did they set you back?

do coilover kits come with new top mounts? mine have been advised as worn so it makes sense for me to coilover before MOT anyway!

Thanks! I got them from Venom motorsport for £ 185.00 + a little discount on top :)

I don't think they do tbh, standard ones do the trick but won't do if they're already broken! :tongueout: