Lupo GTI Track Slut - Raspy Sound Clip!!

MarvGTI

Hi people,

here's a brief something about my current pride and joy, a 2002 silver Lupo GTI.

It comes on the (in Germany) optional BBS rims, which the previous owner painted in a mat grey-blue colour. Looks okay on the car, but horrible horrible when it comes to brake dust ^^

It's got a Skytune catback exhaust that sounds rather nice and throaty, otherwise it's standard (not for long...).

Couple pics:

20130503_090515_zps194ff1cb.jpg

20130503_090523_zpsb4ccec49.jpg

20130507_221838_zpsc6432a27.jpg

Hit 180k km yesterday:

20130514_083800_zps236a53c0.jpg

And some random pic next to my sister's yellow Polo 1.6 diesel:

20130514_213935_zpsb1159583.jpg

Plans are to eventually strip and track it. It's currently my daily driver but I'm going to start a new job soon where I'll get a company car, so that's when I'll do what needs to be done.

I'll deal with induction after that stuff.

Thanks for reading,

Marvin

Edited by MarvGTI
  • Like 1

Couple more random pics:

20130522_013522_zpsc07a64e3.jpg

20130521_151343_zps088e4806.jpg

20130521_220145_zps47c8b5dd.jpg

Car booked next Wednesday to have the seat rails made up for the fixed back bucket, and Thursday... well Thursday, tune in for the big surprise. Something very special is coming :D

Marvin

So today the girlfriend wound the window down and the sucker just dropped like wtf. Thank God, as any kidnapper will know, I had duct tape in the car.

20130527_135823_zpsb292dec5.jpg

Fixed it - the brackets that hold the windows are held on the motor by silly plasticky bits, no wonder that won't hold. Fixed it temporarily with trusty duct tape. Anyone got a better way to hold it together ?

20130527_184048_zpsc866fc8d.jpg

And this little goodie came today, Cupra Splitter !

20130527_185847_zpscf828fb7.jpg

Marvin

New goodies:

Rear spoiler lip, comes from an M3, have cut and filed it to fit. Will be put on next week.

20130529_150952_zpsdd5ecf19.jpg

Here's one with the lip test-fitted.

20130529_150617_zps25fd86db.jpg

First pic of the seat, as soon as the rain goes I'll put up a better one.

20130529_124238_zps358b1032.jpg

Carbon airbox fitted, will modify the intake by removing the front right auxiliary light and getting the air straight through there. Plan is to make a hole in the bonnet and get the coldest possible air through the shortest possible pipe. Thinking of getting a second alu bonnet in case I ruin it lol:

20130531_115256_zps178659b1.jpg

@Silver!

Lol dude not exactly dirt cheap, paid good euros for it... and can you believe it, those insufferable buffoons from the continent still think they drive on the correct side.

@Pete91

No nuts on the ones in my car... will check with VW though. Thanks!

Couple of sunshine pics, car's dirty as **** but I don't really enjoy washing and cleaning and waxing...

20130602_102608_zpsd8ea9292.jpg

20130602_102555_zps6dd463dd.jpg

Also, better pic of the bucket seat.

20130602_102626_zpsfc3a40e3.jpg

Edited by MarvGTI

• 1 month later...

Haven't driven the car in a while, very busy with work and as I have a company car I keep using that for the daily grind... so yesterday I finally got my stuff together and stripped the back out :

20130804_104351_zps2fda067b.jpg

Extreme change in vehicle dynamics now, I finally get propoer lift off oversteer ;) also reached 184k yesterday:

20130804_155738_zps53fc53e9.jpg

Little Green Giant, Bucket Seat looks more upright than it actually is, though we further adjusted it to a more relaxed position yesterday - otherwise, it's simply the way I need it. I sit lower than in the factory seat and the driving position is absolutely spot on, something that won't come across on the pictures.

Maybe it looks so high and upright because it's simply massive ^^

Planned for this year still are coilovers, I'll definitely sort the exhaust by way of a 200 cell cat. If I can scrape the cash together, it'll even get caged. But I suppose a good roll cage is expensive and I'll only be able to afford it next year.

• 4 weeks later...

Little clip of what my exhaust sounds like now ;) needless to say I'm very very pleased with it. It's so raspy and raw when standing next to/behind it, and it pops and bangs when I lift off the throttle ;)

Also, coilovers are ordered and have been dispatched this morning. Will post up pics as soon as they are on, quite excited now. Coming together nicely.

Thanks for watching and listening, all comments welcome ;)

Anyone interested in seeing a full walk around the car, outside and inside, as well as a drive ?

Cheers,

Marv

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Thought I'd shoot a little update:

Car has been taken off the road for the winter, as I have a company car and I already got some things done, but I still only have a few hours every other Sunday to work on the Loop =(

- Fully stripped out rear

- Fully cleaned rear

- Took out the rear lights and cleaned behind them

- Rerouted air intake

- Had a little problem with the battery - the little hose wasn't connected anymore and couldn't drain the fluid out through the little nipple under the car (I am mechanically retarded sorry), and as I didn't notice, it was free to leak for a while resulting in almost half a litre (1,76 pints for the lads out there) of dirty, smelly, acidic fluid hidden away under the battery tray. Cleaned this up, and thankfully, no rust yet. Never had this happen on a car before though

- On the 23rd this month, I FINALLY put in my order for a roll cage: it's a half-cage with a cross in the rear. For those of you that know about this, here's the specifications: S355J2 (1.0577) ST52-3

Main loop steel thickness: 45mm x 2,5mm

Cross bars and bracings steel thickness: 40mm x 2mm

- Car's booked in for a full valet today with my friend who conveniently opened up shop in the underground parking lot of the shopping centre above which I live. Hasn't been cleaned since June and looks like hell.

- Tonight, I'll put her on her winter shoes as I don't care if those tires suffer from the car being off the road. I do like my summer tires though, and I have something planned for the BBSs which I'll get to in January...

Also, the day the roll cage gets put in, she'll get the coilovers she deserves.

Cheers,

Marvin