Electric Window Motor?

Right have done a bit of searching through old threads and I'm pretty sure my motor has packed in :(

(on the n/s). It will click when operating the switches and it also gets warm (so must get power) but no movment in window. Tried the old 'hit the door' trick, no joy.

Before I go for a new window does anyone else have any other ideas?

If not does anyone have or know where to get a new motor from (other than dealer)??

• Like 1

is there different types of motor available?? keep reading things about multi plug and two prong plug? take it one won't work with the other?

if anyone can shed some light that would be a big help

Hey up.

Firstly it may not be the motor, if it clicks then thats a good sign usually.

Regarding the multi-plug and two plug. If you were to push the window button and the window goes down automatically it'll be multi plug. (just to make sure hold down the window button on a working window and keep it held down for 5 seconds, then bring the window up and hold it up for 5 seconds. This resets the automatic up & down as it comes out of sync easily)

When you remove your window regulator you'll see if its multi plug or not anyway.

http://forums.clublupo.co.uk/index.php?/topic/89966-how-to-vw-lupo-window-regulator-removal-guide/

Check out this guide I created, should get you in the right direction :)

I have read your guide (massively helpful) and tried the reset thing, did nothing!!

also tried moving the glass maually to see if its stuck, that did nothing, next job is to remove the motor completely and check wires etc.

Already trying to source a new regulator and motor (if I can find one cheap enough lol)

will post up if I have any issues or get it fixed

many thanks

Your best bet is to take the whole regulator out, following my guide. But best to do this first thing in the morning and have all day as it can be somewhat stressful :(

Give it a clean, you can dig furthur if your confident http://forums.clublupo.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=89950 as I'm sure this is where the source of problems occur, though I think that the cog problem is more of the window going up/down then stopping midway.

You can try moving the window buttons around aswell, as it's fairly common for them to fail aswell

I should be ok as my Dad works in a bodyshop lol so fairly well qualified to tinker with it :)

all the buttons are ok ( have swapped them over and replaced the knackered one), will have to see what we come up with

right, have (hopefully) sourced a Lupo sport that is being broken and have the opportunity to get replacement motors and regs, just wondered if all the Lupo sports came with the same motor for the windows or is it hit and miss whether the plugs are the same??

The car I have found is about 2 years older than mine. If anyone knows it would be a good help

• 1 month later...

What was the end result here OP?

I'm in a similar situation now- my driver window motor has packed up and I'm looking at buying a 2nd hand replacement.

Can anyone tell me if the motor from a Lupo 1.4 S will be compatible with my GTI?

Thanks for any help you can offer

Skyetom

Thanks for the fast reply. Oh well, fingers crossed it's the same connection but it's not the end of the world of the automatic feature is lost. I just want it to work again, then the car is going to be sold :-(

If the connectors arn't the same, you won't be able to plug it in, so no electric window. I'd imagine it'll be multi plug but canne guarantee. What symptoms have you got with your current window? Clicking and not doing anything? I'd personally say if it's clicking the motor is fine, but may just be jammed and removing the regulator and give it some grease and a slight hammer tap may cure your problem.

Check this aswell you may find it to be your cause, but this is fiddly (getting it back together) http://danstyan.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/VW-Lupo-Window-Regulator-Cog.pdf

The car is at the garage and the motor is dead. They had a go at stripping it as best they could but it's toast apparently. The donor car for my 'new' motor is (I think) a "W" reg Lupo 1.4. Hopefully it'll be the same plug.

The window stopped working about 2 months ago and it wasn't making any clicking noises at all. It's a 2001 car and I did the passenger window when I bought it; I think I've been on borrowed time for the driver's side.

Thanks again for your advice. I should get the new part on Wednesday and I'll speak to the mechanics tomorrow to find out what type of connector the broken motor has.

Just to follow-up, I still need a replacement motor, urgently! I thought I had one but the seller isn't really playing the game.

If anyone has one they're willing to sell then that would be superb...

I've put an advert up in the Wanted section too now.

Cheers

Skyetom

The local chap breaking his lupo for spares hasn't returned my calls so I've given up on him. I've done 2 online database searches of scrapyards but haven't had a single quote in reply. There's not much doing on eBay either. Annoying!

The local chap breaking his lupo for spares hasn't returned my calls so I've given up on him. I've done 2 online database searches of scrapyards but haven't had a single quote in reply. There's not much doing on eBay either. Annoying!

Give these a try.

http://www.breakeryard.com/

Thanks or the replies. I think I've got the part now via an online search; one of the databases came up with one result. All being well it's arriving on Tuesday.

The last time I used a scrappy for parts (for a Pug 206 wing mirror) I got about 20 quotes within 3 hours and had a choice of options fom all over the UK. I guess it goes to show the comparitive rarity of the lupo.

Cheers