Problem changing sidelight bulbs on Mk2 Arosa TDi??

SoulSeat

Looking for any help here please folks as I think I'm losing the plot lol.....I've got a Mk2 Arosa TDI but I'm having real problems trying to gain access to the sidelight bulbs. Is there any good ways of removing them as I want to change them for better bulbs? I've done the other bulbs easily enough so thought it would have been hassel free, boy was I wrong!!.... On the drivers side I'm really struggling to get my hand round to this bulb as of all the pipes and the airbox are in the way and I don't really want the hassel of removing and refitting them. I have removed the small plastic cover located on top of the smaller pipes which has made it slightly easier to get my hand round but I'm struggling to get the bulb or bulb carrier out. Also on the passenger side I have taken the battery clamp off and moved the battery back out of the way. It's only slightly easier to get my hand round and can reach the bulb holder with my fingertips but I can't get that one out either. Are the bulb holders just a push fit or a push and turn fit as per the orange indicator bulb carrier? I tried tugging at the sidelight bulbs but they aint budging...I've also tried using a mirror but It's hard to see. I don't want to land up having to take both of the whole headlights out either...Surely there's a less complicated and less stressfull way of doing this?

Can anyone shed any light (no pun intended) on this please? Thanks for any help and info etc offered.

Cheers

Stuart

I've read that bumper off is easier.

But as you have already moved the battery on the passenger side you should have enough space. On the other side when I put in the hid's I undid the 2 bolts on the headlights and the 2 screws for the fuel lines just to give me slightly more room.

Thanks for your help mate. Even with the battery moved it is still very difficult to get your hand round to the sidelight bulb above the indicator mate. Before I get started, I still don't know how the bulbs come out though? Can you give me some help on this please? Cheers

Stuart

On Lupos it's just pull out/push in. Maybe Seat decided to make life more difficult so they can charge their customers for changing bulbs :lol:

They do just push in and pull out but their hard to access but once you've done it once it's easy to do the second time round, just don't pull on the wires haha, you can remove the bumper and remove the headlight but that's the long way round a simple job..

Thanks GTIChris and Sangy...Not had the time to got back round to doing them yet but I think I will invest in some long nosed angled pliers and maybe one of those small telescopic mirrors that can be angled first then give it another go. I previously tried looking for some pics or diagrams but struggled. Thanks again everyone for your help :thumbup:

Stuart

Edited by SoulSeat

• 2 weeks later...

I've tried pulling the wires quite firmly on my wife's Arosa but haven't managed to get her sidelights out as yet - daren't pull any harder for fear of pulling the wires out! :surprised: Even removed the battery for access and it still wouldn't come out! Going to give it one last try with some snout-nosed pliers - failing that, i think it's going to have to be the long way round for me with the bumper/heradlight removal! :rant: Unless some of you guys have any other recommendations! :question: