Knocking noise

Paulalbion

Pushing up and down on the car rarely replicates the conditions Paul, I'd say roll bar bushes, but replace the link arm bushes too, before owt tho I'd get it jacked up and check bottom ball joints, it's free to check stuff, but I'd say it's more than likely a/r bar bushes or strut bearing.

Only reason I pushed up an down on the front is because my girlfriend had a similar noise on her car and when we did that the problem was clearly the drop link was kaput.

Thanks for the advice anyway though

You found your sound?

No havent had time this week, will look into it saturday and update if i find the source of the problem, just hope its nothing to serious. Developed another new annoying problem, window wobble as it goes up, pretty sure i know the clips are broke though so ill just get them changed and go from there.

Alternatively take it to Kwikfit (yeah seriously). They have a machine which shakes your car while they check for noises underneath in the inspection pit. They diagnosed ARB bushes on my ST220 (and where correct) when two other garages told me it was the wishbone bush. You really can't go wrong, its free and you are under no obligation to get the work done. The mechanic actually told me to get them fitted elsewhere because it would be cheaper.