1.4 Sport. Alarm?

Mattz341

Hi there, know you've all probably had this asked before BUT. I couldn't find anything and some info would be really handy!

Recently bought a 1.4 sport. It's absolutely amazing and I love it. (Upgraded to it from a 1.0E)

I was playing around with it and noticed a few things...

Firstly, when I push the drivers door lock button (which should lock all the doors, correct?) the drivers side doesn't lock. Also if I lock the car from the passengers side door then the drivers doesn't lock.. The led next to the alarm never flashes either :S it's had a new drivers door lock which isn't the same as the rest? I'm just wondering if there's some wiring not attached properly or do I need to replace something???

I was also thinking of firstly swapping the standard lock from the passengers side into the drivers door and then blanking it off, same with the boot lock, and then fitting a central locking kit from rclicks to allow me to have the key fob? What do u guys think? Any advice/pointers would be amazing!

Also wondering, does it actually have an alarm???????? Thanks!

Thanks. Matt.

Edited by Mattz341
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Could be the drivers side door actuator is faulty I fit these on the hyundais all the time at work for a simalier fault

Edited by jakob

Hi there, know you've all probably had this asked before BUT. I couldn't find anything and some info would be really handy!

Recently bought a 1.4 sport. It's absolutely amazing and I love it. (Upgraded to it from a 1.0E)

I was playing around with it and noticed a few things...

Firstly, when I push the drivers door lock button (which should lock all the doors, correct?) the drivers side doesn't lock. Also if I lock the car from the passengers side door then the drivers doesn't lock.. The led next to the alarm never flashes either :S it's had a new drivers door lock which isn't the same as the rest? I'm just wondering if there's some wiring not attached properly or do I need to replace something???

I was also thinking of firstly swapping the standard lock from the passengers side into the drivers door and then blanking it off, same with the boot lock, and then fitting a central locking kit from rclicks to allow me to have the key fob? What do u guys think? Any advice/pointers would be amazing!

Also wondering, does it actually have an alarm???????? Thanks!

Thanks. Matt.

Hi Matt,

Will go through these one by one with you:

The drivers lock button inside your comfort controls is an anti-hijack button, so it shouldn't double deadlock them, just lock them. The LED will never flash from the anti-hijack button. The led ONLY flashes in double deadlock. If you are wondering what the difference is, lock your door from the outside with you inside, so the LED is flashing (aka double deadlock). You will NOT be able to open it from the inside, no matter what you do, unless you put the key in the ignition and turn the ignition on... or unlock from the outside. E models do not have double deadlock, only S models that do.

My passenger door doesn't lock from the inside too. It locks, then unlocks immediately. It is a problem with the mechanism, and one day, I intend to fix it, but I just haven't got time right now. I didn't think Arosa's had alarms... did they? Does your drivers door lock with a key. Does your drivers door lock with a key FROM THE PASSENGER SIDE?

If you want to fit rclick, use my tutorial. :) It's very detailed.