golf mk2 kr engine in a lupo?

rosscarbry

just wondering if anyone has fitted a kr engine to a lupo gti before?

i dont want people saying why that engine, why not do this etc.

for those who are wondering, i am in to rallyng and had a corsa b but its no longer useable due to pretty bad crash. so it either reshell the corsa or build a lupo gti kr engined rally car.

i have a lupo gti sitting feeling sorry for its self and also a 220bhp kr golf mk2 engine. personally i think the two combined would be pretty awsome match.

fabrication for mounts is not a problem. would just like to see if someone has done it before and how they have done it.

• Like 2

Always one with a cheesy comment

Anyway moving on am here to help any one not put them down

Right its all simple to do you need to trim up the oem gearbox and engine mount then make a bracket on the side of the engine to suit the the same on the gearbox job done

in the pics i put up that was the first stage of the build so dont judge !!!

7.jpg

12.jpg

Right there ya go simple engine and gearbox mounts just go from there and it will be simple as the engine is smaller than ya think in the bay

As i said above anyone wanting to give a negitive reply please dont bother. Bantan thanks very much for your pictures, they have been helpfull and i think that is all i am needing to show me the way. I have a rough idea now of how to mount it and the mounts will need to be pretty substantial to take alot of beating for it being what it is. Any more info would be great. thanks ross

Ross feel free to ask wht you want i have all you need trust me ive done it befor and on my next

What do you want to know????

If your kris running the oem fuel system your going to have get shut of it and go efi cos of the space so that means going digi2 or megasquirt and so on

Ross feel free to ask wht you want i have all you need trust me ive done it befor and on my next

What do you want to know????

If your kris running the oem fuel system your going to have get shut of it and go efi cos of the space so that means going digi2 or megasquirt and so on

My engine is on twin 45s anyway. if i found a reasonable throttle body kit i would upgrade to them but the main thing i was concerned about was mounting the engine and shafts. what gear box and shafts do you run? i was thinking of using the 02a cable linkage box instead of my 02o. But am not sure if the cwp and lsd would swap from box to box.

Ok i see were you are coming from

defo wont fit with the webbers they stick out to far so somthing shorter like itb's wud do or put the oem 16v inlet on and run it efi

gearbox,,,020 will not fit the 5th gear end sticks out to far into the chassis rail so 02a or 02j is the box you defo need

cable conversion is a no no if you have a gti just run it on hydraulis and save ya self the messing about

shafts,,all you need to do is shorten thepassanger side and add 100mm cups to the shafts and away you go jobs done

The gear selector cables are a straight swap all you need to do is swap out the lupo one for the one from lets say mk3 golf job done.

The 100mm cups are the ends on the gearbox where the driveshafts bolt up to,most mk3 golfs and 16v mk2 came with them so if there what are on you gearbox and driveshafts basicly just swap the inner c.v's over and thats it for the shafts

Ok thats good that the main things are pretty easy to deal with. the first time i read that i didnt quite understand it, i posted the reply then read it again and relised what cups you were talking about lol. I still dont know what i am doing between the kr lupo gti and my corsa. I have alot of thinking to do because i have 2 rally cars sitting and the lupo so i need to decide pretty soon on what i want to do but it could get exiting with the info you have gave and helped me out with. i will keep you posted on what ever i decide but if it is a rally lupo kr then it will be over a few months.

• 4 weeks later...