Unusual places to clean

kingsley11

Before i sold my Lupo i gave it quite a good clean (rubbish compared to most of you) and i cleaned a few places that i had never cleaned before i thought they may get overlooked.

Behind the rubber on the b-pillar.

With the steering rake all the way down inside the gap

And i now you wouldn't usually take this off when cleaning your car but i popped the rear storage pockets off, was stinking in there.

Can anyone else think of any places?

A place I find is always mucky, but really hard to clean (so take your time) is the sink behind the boot lid. I'm not sure that is the correct term for it, but if you lift your boot up, just below the roof where the tailgate recesses sort of (just behind the 3rd brake light) there is like this sink where grub, and filth just seems to collect. I guess it's from dirty rainwater and muck that slowly makes it in. It's a really tough spot to clean but I always notice it when I open the boot lid lol.

A place I find is always mucky, but really hard to clean (so take your time) is the sink behind the boot lid. I'm not sure that is the correct term for it, but if you lift your boot up, just below the roof where the tailgate recesses sort of (just behind the 3rd brake light) there is like this sink where grub, and filth just seems to collect. I guess it's from dirty rainwater and muck that slowly makes it in. It's a really tough spot to clean but I always notice it when I open the boot lid lol.

Spray some neat TFR on it then jet wash it off, do the same with the door shuts. Put some polish on it afterwards to help keep it clean and re-grease the hinges when you've finished.

• 2 weeks later...