A whistling sound happens when I'm driving, any ideas? Video included.

davie18

You can hear it in this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGuk31fsPuY&feature=youtu.be

Any ideas at all on what it is? I'm clueless, and don't seem to have worked out a pattern on when it occurs. It just seems to happen randomly, whether I'm on the power or off it, but usually only seems to happen at over 40mph or so.

I actually have an arosa but I thought this may well have happened on some Lupos too, so someone here might know the answer.

Basically very often when I'm driving a sort of whistling sound randomly starts and stops when I'm moving, as can he heard in this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGuk31fsPuY&feature=player_embedded

Any ideas as to what it could be?

Great first post. Ass. Can you determine whether the noise is from inside the car or does it sound muffled like its coming from the engine area? It's hard to tell in the vid, could possibly even be wind noise from door seals or window seals.

It's probably the fan on the radiator, spray some wd40 in it.

Thanks I'll give that a try to see if it fixed it at all.

Great first post. Ass. Can you determine whether the noise is from inside the car or does it sound muffled like its coming from the engine area? It's hard to tell in the vid, could possibly even be wind noise from door seals or window seals.

Well it's not my first post, but yeah sorry about that. The video in the OP wasn't working for me when I checked it again which is why I posted the video with the normal youtube url the second time as I thought that would fix it, but now the first video is working anyway. And then I posted it in the lupo forum too, but I'm guessing that's not allowed seeing as that thread just got merged with this one, I don't see why it wasn't just deleted instead but meh.

It sounds to me that it's more inside the car as opposed to being muffled. And yeah I've though it might be some sort of wind noise, but I just can't figure out in particular what would be causing it. I was just hoping someone on here would have had the same problem previously so they'd know what it was.