How to get sub wire from battery to inside the car...

What you gotta do is poke the wire through the big grommet in your engine bay under your header tank, then you've got to get your arm right up the back of the dash, pull the carpet and sound deadening out of the way and the wire should be there ready to pull, I've done it one mine, Olivia's and James Cordells Arosa before now no problems, just gotta fish a bit for the wire behind the dash, better if you have two because one can wiggle the wire and one can search for it but I've done it on my own on two occasions

this is what Adam Ralph send to me when i asked him how! hope this helps

I got it done! Thanks for the help! :D

20130421_155604_zpsbc01909f.jpg

Will be covered (the wood) and working next weekend! :D

Never been a huge fan of subs, but I like what you've done there! You could easily wrap that in something like carbon vinyl or even felt. Main thing is it looks very nicely mounted!

Nahh me either but i love my music!

This is recycled :P used to be in my boyfriends in a totally different box! Soo as i joke i was like lets see if they fot in my boot! Ot was far far farrrr too big! So as it was suny and we had nothing to do we got sawing and hammering and built this :P

Yeahh im going to felt it :) the wood is orange coz we sprayed it will filler primer for extra seal :D

Will post a pic when i have felted :D

Plus it is removable!! Its got four legs but is wedged in by seats :)

Thanks for the comment :D

Never been a huge fan of subs, but I like what you've done there! You could easily wrap that in something like carbon vinyl or even felt. Main thing is it looks very nicely mounted!

Looking good. Handy to know as I think I want to amp my speakers at some point.

Thanks! As they say spontaneous ideas are the best! :D

Looks awesome! I know they're not the best subs ever but I bet they pound! Was the box hard to make/measure?

Not too bad just use this formula; volume = length x breadth x height. You already know the required volume, the width and depth of the boot so just plug all those numbers in and you get the required height.

Edit: oh and just use the boot carpet as a template ;)

Not too bad just use this formula; volume = length x breadth x height. You already know the required volume, the width and depth of the boot so just plug all those numbers in and you get the required height.Edit: oh and just use the boot carpet as a template ;)

Aha in a nutshell Pete!

I'll take/upload some tonight of my 0awg going through the bulkhead.

It's pretty easy, from engine side, follow rear wiper fluid pipe back till you find the grommet that goes through the car, just pull that out if you are having trouble getting yours through or wedge the cable through it then pull it through from under passenger footwell.

What subs you running vinny?

Running a Pioneer Champion series DVC 12". 400w RMS wired down to 2 ohm. It's in a crap sealed box atm and I know I can get more out of it!

Edited by Vinnyzf

I spent a bit of time trying to get my sub and amp all wired in and i have it all pretty much done. Except for one this. I long thin blue wire coming out of the amp? Seen them before but cant remember where the hell it does! Any help?

The wire you are talking about is the remote wire which, when wired in, will switch the amp on when the radio is turned on. You need to wire it to the remote out from your radio, if it does not have one then you can wire it into a switched live for the car, this will mean the amp will be on when the radio is not, but will turn off when the key is taken out.

Hope this helped