Lupo acting funny!

For a while my lupo 1.4s has been acting up!

Firstly

there is a loud noise happening when I turn at low speeds any who can help??

Secondly

Tick over is usually at 700 revs and all of a sudden will go up to 1000 what is this?

Thirdly

tonight whilst driving home my battery light came on and the lights went off and stereo went off windows didn't work, sub was making a funny noise lights went out and when I got around the corner from my house it cut out and wouldn't start then I rolled it down the hill to dump it and ragged it around the block just to get it home what has happened? I think it maybe fan belt has come off? Is that right??

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks

tom

Sounds like cv joint clicking?

As for the rest I'd get a code read. Is your battery charged?

I will have a look dude! It may need a power steering pump or some fluid init, and ill ask my mate to do a code read on it!

Thanks for the advice matey!

CV joint, replace it soon before it snaps.

Try cleaning the TB.

Check the fan belt is still in place, if not then get a volt meter on the battery with the car started, if the volt meter reads 12 volts your alternator is dead.

Edited by davidelliott294
  • Like 2

That second one could be the lambda sensor playing up. I had an issue with it idling super rough, hunting, regularly over-revving and regularly bottoming out when pulling off on hills, turned out the lambda sensor was constantly providing a high output, meaning the engine was only ever providing a lean mixture.

That second one could be the lambda sensor playing up. I had an issue with it idling super rough, hunting, regularly over-revving and regularly bottoming out when pulling off on hills, turned out the lambda sensor was constantly providing a high output, meaning the engine was only ever providing a lean mixture.

Thanks dude! That sounds about right how much did you pay for one?? And did it sort it??

CV joint, replace it soon before it snaps.

Try cleaning the TB.

Check the fan belt is still in place, if not then get a volt meter on the battery with the car started, if the volt meter reads 12 volts your alternator is dead.

Thanks dude! Ill get my bolt metre on it tomorrow!:)

Thanks dude! That sounds about right how much did you pay for one?? And did it sort it??

I had it done at my local garage, so I'll have a look through my file of receipts tonight to find the exact figure. I think they charged me £50-£60 maybe? The sensors are about 30 quid + 1 hours labour. He also cleaned the throttle body and EGR valve, so when you fit it make sure you do that too.