Rosie the Arosa.

morganvw1

So the girlfriend decided she would scrap her MK1 Arosa because the pedal box had gone. In her mind the car was not worth anything being a 1.0 liter so she was going to just get rid. I persuaded her to give it to me, after all a free car is a free car.

How I got her... a little unloved and battle torn LOL.

IMG_0537_zps26f1037a.jpg

Wheels bought from eBay for £56 and then refurbished. wheels are a 7.5j but I manage to squeeze a 195 40 x 16 on them ;-)

IMG_0533_zps26909d87.jpg

With wheels but NO coilovers.

IMG_0561_zpsd78629ce.jpg

Now with Coilovers... VERY HAPPY !!

IMG_0563_zps781caaae.jpg

IMG_0618_zps2443cd15.jpg

IMG_0611_zps2d0b077d.jpg

IMG_0613_zpsae8c91ed.jpg

Edited by morganvw1

Just need to sort some of the scratches and dents on the body work from where the Mrs has been driving for the last year.

Currently looking for some new front seats to put in her....

Wheel center caps are now here ready to go on, along with wheel bolt caps. will update again soon. Oh and I will give her a dam good clean and then use some Zaino to bring out the shine.

Scott.

p.s. all i need now is a mashed TTRS and the internals will be going into this little one... bring on the fun !!

Edited by morganvw1

"simple clean and effective"... The way all "Dubs" should be.

Thanks for the positive comments guys. Interior needs sorting, need some decent GTI seats or sports seats.

Not sure what the colour is I'll have to have a look for the code on the sticker and let you all know. I will have to find out as I am looking to get the car blown over to freshener her up.

I have a similar colour on my VR Syncro. Thats in the work shop also LOL

Edited by morganvw1

Ok so I found some Lupo GTi Seats on eBay. Gray in colour with red stitching, very chuffed and they are lovely to sit in. So much nicer than the standard ones.

They have come out of a smokers car so I decided to give them a clean with the VAX. this is what came out of the passenger seat..

IMG_0733_zps609f6c0d.jpg

Yuk. I bet they feel much better now they are cleaned. I had a similar experience on a car that had been smoked in. The water was black and was the most fowl horrible thing ever.

Do gti seats fit straight in or is modification needed?