Lupo GTi with 27k miles!

davidelliott294

Asking a premium price, but he can't be bothered spending £30 getting a tow eye cover.

That said, if I didn't already have one, I would be interested.

Asking a premium price, but he can't be bothered spending £30 getting a tow eye cover.

That said, if I didn't already have one, I would be interested.

It's just a shame that it's Silver isn't it? :tongueout:

Edited by NOCK
  • Like 1

When you bought it?

haha im just messing about mate... mine was on the other end of the scale. i was one of the higher mileage ones about.

mileage doesnt mean anything imo. if its been looked after etc then it doesnt really matter. i think one with mileage that low would possibly cause you issues more so than one with higher mileage. Its obviously been sat for long periods of time...

what you have to consider is... possibly short journeys, can result in mechanical issues.

how has it been stored? possibly holding water in area's it wont like. obviously loads of other factors too

low mileage isnt always great.

thats my thoughts anyway

Edited by Piers
  • Like 2

I agree with what you say Piers but it's easy to say those things from your point of view as the owner of a higher mileage car. You know yourself that it's been looked after extremely well but nobody else does apart from maybe mates and family.

With the option of spending a little more for less miles (to a certain extent) I'd probably go for the one with lesser miles. In saying that though, if I knew the car had been looked after really well I'd probably be persuaded.

I agree with what you say Piers but it's easy to say those things from your point of view as the owner of a higher mileage car. You know yourself that it's been looked after extremely well but nobody else does apart from maybe mates and family.

With the option of spending a little more for less miles (to a certain extent) I'd probably go for the one with lesser miles. In saying that though, if I knew the car had been looked after really well I'd probably be persuaded.

yeah i totaly agree mate...

I went to look at a 32k example a few years back, it was in a shitty state and parked under a tree.

Took it out, gave it death, was okay, nothing special.

They didn't even want to negotiate from the 6.5k price tag. (It's still on here. . . . )

The first GTI I acquired was on 20 something k and it drove no different to any of the ones I've had since, only thing to watch out for is burning oil.

• Like 1

Cheap ones are cheap for a reason, high priced ones have deluded owners.

I feel mines was fairly priced compared to alot of the 'not very mint condition low mileage that isnt very low' heaps that were for sale at the time (and still are for sale)

How much did you sell yours for in the end Colin?

The show car I sold in the end for £8k with standard wheels all other mods still on the car, mileage was 35k ish. That was over two years ago.

The 2nd one I sold with all mods for £6.2k last summer, it was higher mileage about 60k ish both cars had one previous owner and FVWSH, both cars were mint when sold.

Neither car was standard though when sold, we bought the first one a year old for £10k, the 2nd one 2 years ago on a 53 plate for £4.5k which was about right at the time for a good standard car.

No standard GTI is worth more than £5k now. They are at least 7 years old, early high mileage cars should be around £2k or less, everything else should fall somewhere inbetween, a lot of the over priced GTI's have been for sale for a while, I have been keeping an eye on them for a while as I would probably buy another but not from any of the dreamers.

I missed out on one locally, 02 plate mint with 60k miles & FSH sold for £3k, that to me is about right.

I would pay more for a low mileage standard one than I would a low mileage modified one tbh. So saying a standard one being put up for more than 5k is proving the owner to be delusional when less than a year ago you sold one with double the mileage for 6.2k seems a bit backwards.

But there we go, like I say, the pricing of them seems to be all over the shop, a bit like glanzas, or ek9s.

I would pay more for a low mileage standard one than I would a low mileage modified one tbh. So saying a standard one being put up for more than 5k is proving the owner to be delusional when less than a year ago you sold one with double the mileage for 6.2k seems a bit backwards.

But there we go, like I say, the pricing of them seems to be all over the shop, a bit like glanzas, or ek9s.

I sold the 2nd one without advertising it, the guy asked how much with all the mods and bought it, I wasnt looking to sell it but the offer was good enough not to pass up. I could have sold the seats and wheels seperately and sold the car for the less than £5k and made more. Also depends on the mods, I have seen some shoddily modded cars in my time, I know my cars were done right. But I would probably avoid buying a modded car as well. But still wouldnt pay over the odds.

As I said on FB asking and getting are two completely different things, a car will sell if its priced accordingly, if not it will be for sale for a long time.