Work Horse Arosa tdi

Dblock

thats quite alot more fuel.... isint it just the same as vent n brim tho? just without the venting lol

Yes it is, but it's faster and you get more in there. You look like a fool when it's busy and there are people waiting and your venting etc to squeeze more fuel in. The diesel doesn't need it so it can be taken off.

Yes it is, but it's faster and you get more in there. You look like a fool when it's busy and there are people waiting and your venting etc to squeeze more fuel in. The diesel doesn't need it so it can be taken off.

yep i get ya haha.... it is a pain having to vent i guess. have you thought about a 6 speed conversion?

I wonder if you could get a long 5th on my SDI. :innocent:

One of the best mods I did to my tdi. I don't speed but I sit at a gps indicated 70mph. Going to work is proper hilly so I only got about 51-52mpg. Since I changed it if got 58mpg. That's 65miles motorway and 40 miles country road and again I don't speed but I keep my speed up to 60. I think if I did all motorway of I'd be hitting 62mpg easily. Also the car is silent at that speed. Well except road noise.

I changed the engine mounts. What a difference! No more rocking or bucking from the engine. Car is smoother and transfers the power to the road. From vw it was £260+ in just parts. I got them for just over £100 from German eBay. So that's a result.

My Decat has just arrived so I will be fitting that soon. A review of if decatting is worth it will be done once fitted. Main reasons are the car should be more powerful with it fitted as there is less back pressure on turbo so it's more free flowing. Same reason mean the turbo will be less stressed. Removing a part which could fail (cat). I've decatted many diesels with excellent results the only thing is that they smell worse without the cats. Also fuel effciency should rise slightly too.

Edited by Dblock

One of the best mods I did to my tdi. I don't speed but I sit at a gps indicated 70mph. Going to work is proper hilly so I only got about 51-52mpg. Since I changed it if got 58mpg. That's 65miles motorway and 40 miles country road and again I don't speed but I keep my speed up to 60. I think if I did all motorway of I'd be hitting 62mpg easily. Also the car is silent at that speed. Well except road noise.

I changed the engine mounts. What a difference! No more rocking or bucking from the engine. Car is smoother and transfers the power to the road. From vw it was £260+ in just parts. I got them for just over £100 from German eBay. So that's a result.

My Decat has just arrived so I will be fitting that soon. A review of if decatting is worth it will be done once fitted. Main reasons are the car should be more powerful with it fitted as there is less back pressure on turbo so it's more free flowing. Same reason mean the turbo will be less stressed. Removing a part which could fail (cat). I've decatted many diesels with excellent results the only thing is that they smell worse without the cats. Also fuel effciency should rise slightly too.

Decat on mine is just a bit of straight pipe isn't it? :D

• Like 1

My brother fitted a new 109 relay. Such a pain!! Also fitted a 99 programmable wiper relay which is nice.

Got my DLS amp wired in, sounding lovely.

So any ideas on what next? Has to be cheap and not ruin the car aka nothing what most members do. No slamming.

have u got the cruise control?

light weight wheels?

swap electrics for keep fit windows

keep a couple a 109 relays as spares, they have a tendancy to play up.

I have cruise control.

My winter wheels are light weight compomotives. I may replace my current set.

Why would I want to get rid of electric windows? It's hot enough in the Arosa without AC lol.

Yes will do cheers.

I did not. Gave it to the mechanic. I don't have the time or space. I don't have a driveway anymore :-(. I can't drive motorway without it now. I've had it on for 20k miles now probably.

• 1 year later...