Hello from Kent

VR6

Hi people, I put a deposit on a black 02 plate Lupo GTI last week (VW Bandit from this forum) and will be picking it up next Saturday, time couldn't be going any slower!

I've always been a VAG man, previous cars include 2 Mk2 Golf GTI's (one being my first car), 6n Polo, Corrado VR6, 2 Audi A3's and a slightly modified Mk1 Golf GTI. Recently I bought a Mondeo ST220 to see if I was missing anything, lets just say it didn't stay for long!

I have to say from what I've seen of this forum so far, it seems extremely helpful.

Anyone else from East Kent?

Ok, firstly sorry for the photo quality, I grabbed a few of them from Facebook.

Heres the Lupo which I've put a deposit on. Its done 87k, had 2 previous owners, has FVWSH, and I think I've already fallen in love with it after only a short test drive. It reminded me so much of my Mk2 Golf GTI's.

8645480791_fd1a675122_b.jpg
I don't have any photos of my previous two Audi A3's. They were nothing special, just bog standard 2.0 TDI Sport and 1.6 FSI.
This was my first ever car, a 1991 Mk2 Golf GTI 8V.
Then I rescued a 1990 Mk2 Golf GTI from going to the scrap yard, put an engine in it as it didn't have one, and transferred some bits over from the red one to make this..
8646574484_8ee02e9381_z.jpg
Then I bought this heap as a stop gap and put the wheels from the Golf on it, I didn't like it much, too slow being a 1.4 8v.
8645477971_6f5b4f6895_z.jpg
Then I bought a Corrado VR6 (which I still have), a car which I'd wanted ever since I was knee high...
8646574496_feb3725b53_b.jpg
And finally the Golf which we still have too....
8645476543_008132e6b3_b.jpg
8646574250_a288a3bbcb_b.jpg
Spec list of the Golf is
1983 VW Golf GTI
Mileage: 84K

Engine:
MK2 Golf 16v 1.8 engine, bored out to 1.9, complete pro rebuild with Mahle pistons
All new ancillaries
Weber throttle bodies including Webcon ECU
Supersprint stainless steel manifold
Supersprint exhaust system
Autocavern uprated engine mounts
New fuel lines
New uprated Bosch fuel pump

Suspension and Brakes:
KW variant 1 coilover kit
16v Mk2 brake servo, cylinder, disks & pads
Audi Coupe brake carriers and calipers
New bushes and top mounts throughout

Bodywork:
Respray in Audi TT Amulet Red
Smooth Bootlid
Lower sill trims removed
Arches removed
Aerial hole removed
Red Hella rear lights
New bumpers
New door trims
New VAG bonnet

Wheels:
Porsche Cookie Cutters, fully reconditioned, diamond cut lip.
Bridgestone Potenzas

Interior:
Retrimmed Porsche tombstone front seats and 944 rears (leather with alcantara centres), matching custom door cards and parcel shelf.
And after seeing that last Golf photo it reminded me that I also had an Ibiza TDI Sport 130 (parked in front of the Golf) which I had remapped to 180 bhp ish, I knew I had forgot something, no proper photos of that though.
  • Like 1