Bonnet wont open

Hi,

The bonnet on my GTI wont open. The cable is still attached at the handle in the car, when you pull it you can hear a noise under the bonnet close the drivers side arch. The bonnet pull stopped working after putting my front bumper back on.

I've tried a few things to try and get it to open but I've run out of ideas.

I've had a look under the car and can't see any cable, the car has an under tray.

I can remove the VW badge and grill from the front. Searched but nothing other than removing bolts? Even then I'm not clear on which ones I'm supposed to remove and how I'm supposed to do that. Can anyone point me in the correct direction?

Edited by davidelliott294

I take it when the under tray is off there's still no access?

I have no idea, it was a pain in the ****ing tits to remove the under tray the last time i had to remove it. :(

I need to get it opened to fit my coilovers lol.

Edited by davidelliott294

Managed to get it open!!!

I cut the piece of plastic people seem to cut when you remove the grill and badge and manage to get a set of flat nose pliers in and pull the cable. I never released the cable was to be pulled to the passengers side of the car to open the bonnet, I was pulling it left towards the drivers side.

When I got it open I had a look at where both the cables join but it's connected?

IMG_20130414_164657_zps7901dae2.jpg