Need help with interior plastics!

k.kavanagh

Hi, i want to spray my interior plastics of my Lupo 1.0, its Red so if you have any ideas or tips on what colors, i would really appreciate it, also i need someone to tell me how i can actually do it? how to take the plastics off, which parts of the dash i should spray, how many coats, what types of paint etc. Thannks :P

@ Jamie,

Isn't that more likely to result in bubbles though? Especially on quite a curvey dash, like the Lupo has?

i used cheap carbon vinyl instead of the 3m, it started to shrink and lift so removed it the glue also reacted and ruined the gloss paint i had underneath so am now in the process of having to repaint which is a pain in the hole, so its why im sggesting going the vinyl route rather than paint,

Edited by jamiea7x

I've just purchased a red Mk1 where a previous owner had colour coded the centre section and side vents very badly! They had succeeded in breaking the heater controls, back light connectors, aerial lead and all the vent controls/grills as well as getting fingerprints in the paint. If you can do a professional job it looks at best OK - if not you are not, you are looking at £100 in second hand bits plus garage charges if you don't know what you are doing - so think carefully about it - but good luck if you do go ahead!