Wanted: Photo of cruise control installed on a Lupo / Arosa

Hey Guys! (and girls)...

I'm currently doing a lot of work rebuilding Awesome's website and eBay page and was wondering if anybody has a Photograph of Cruise control installed on a Lupo or Arosa.

I'm looking for a photo with the following qualities:
* Nice and clear
* Doesn't have to be too big but a reasonable size will help
* The dash must be standard, not painted or sticker bombed
* Cruise control must be installed!! (Bit of an obvious one that one though).

* You must be able to give permission for me to use the photo on our site (I.E. Not someone else's image!)

If any of you guys have anything that would fit in with the above, that would be excellent!
Many thanks, AL.
Awesome Ltd.

don't think i've ever seen a lupo with cruise, not an option and i don't know anybody lazy or sad enough to fit it. does that answer your post? sorry , geoff

don't think i've ever seen a lupo with cruise, not an option and i don't know anybody lazy or sad enough to fit it. does that answer your post? sorry , geoff

If you could get it on the Gti then I'd definitely get it installed.

We must have hundreds of Sad and Lazy customers then in that case... As a general thing we fit between 12-18 cruise control installations in our workshop each week! :)

I've personally done a couple of cruise controls on friends Lupo/Arosa TDI's. They are actually a pretty usefull tool if you are A) Heavy footed and want to stick to 70mph (ish) on the motorway, or if you regularly go through Average Speed cameras whilst tired.

• Like 1

Al, pm Jon_273. He has cc on his TDI. Sure he had/has it documented.

Thanks Ray! I forgot Jon had it! I've since had a lupo in the workshop for cruise and got a snap of it! Customer was very happy to find that I'd gone over his dashboard with a microfibre to get rid of all the dust after the technicians finished the job! lol.

Al,

you ever fitted one in an SDI?

Sorry buddy no, We've only ever seen them fitted to the TDI's. Not sure if the SDI has the correct type of ECU for this to work.

Either way volkswagen don't recommend the retrofitting of cruise control to lower powered vehicles as they often don't have the power to keep up the speed if aproaching a hill in a high gear.

Sorry buddy no, We've only ever seen them fitted to the TDI's. Not sure if the SDI has the correct type of ECU for this to work.

Either way volkswagen don't recommend the retrofitting of cruise control to lower powered vehicles as they often don't have the power to keep up the speed if aproaching a hill in a high gear.

That is an excellent justification why not to get one on anything other than a TDi or perhaps GTi ;)

Cheers Al

Al how much do you charge to fit the cruise control? Also do you do a part supply only or am I better just sourcing the parts myself.

I live in Scotland so you are a fair trek tbh.

At least the journey back would be nice and easy :thumbsup:
  • Like 1

Since you asked, I would have sent you an original pic from my How To thread for you to use, but it looks like your sorted now.

Someone on ebay was using one of my pics to advertise cruise control stalks without asking for my permission, which I thought was a bit cheeky.

i must offer my apologies to all of your customers then, i stand rebuked!! i've got it on my tdi golf, but i've never used it, bit like ashtrays on a motorbike as far as i'm concerned, but thats just my opinion, geoff

I would have Loved CC on my old SDI, and even my GTD

just chilling at 56mph..

just think of the MPG

mmm.. :rolleyes:

Like 70MPG :D