Does anybody know what this part is called?

Iv'e made a video.

Its the metal block that is moving around freely, it has been sheared off underneath and I need to find a replacement.

*this is looking down into the engine bay at the back*

1.0 Arosa

Edited by Rickpercy87

Pics would be better, I've seen the vid, what exactly is your mrs moving? Gear linkage? It's hard to pick out where you are in your bay, and your description is a bit vague, but it looks like you're filming over the back end of your gearbox.

Yea she is just moving the gear stick around. Feels like jelly. The bonnet is up and I am looking from above towards the rear of the engine pretty much dead centre. The gear linkage is connected to it. I am sure that moving part is supposed to be bolted in securely. 2 bolts are missing and one sheared off :(

Pics would be better, I've seen the vid, what exactly is your mrs moving? Gear linkage? It's hard to pick out where you are in your bay, and your description is a bit vague, but it looks like you're filming over the back end of your gearbox.

I'll get some pics as soon as I can. I'll get onto it tomorrow morning but I will get underneath the car as it's easier to see. See the above post I made for more info :)

Well if you can replaced the 2 bolts you should be ok at a guess, for now anyways, sounds as the the linkage bracket itself has worked itself loose, but bizarre but there we go.

Mine did the exact same, They never sit straight so they are always under a bit of tension. I will look to see if I have a receipt and a part number as it was only last month!

That's awesome thanks mate.

Well if you can replaced the 2 bolts you should be ok at a guess, for now anyways, sounds as the the linkage bracket itself has worked itself loose, but bizarre but there we go.

Cheers mate, it does resemble a bracket. I can't bolt it back in as its actually broken underneath :(

KGrHqNo0E-0FLfrBQBFJGpMyw60_12_zps33db74

Edited by Rickpercy87

mine snapped off when i had my gearbox out, pretty easy to change, 13 quid for the bracket from vw
Might be best to buy the 4 bushes as when i bought the bracket i didnt realise/think they had any but i just knocked them out the orignal one. one lever is bolter to selector shaft the other is a ball socket, pops out easy then a circlip on each :)
good news for me though just got the box in 4 days ago... nice to hear that its on its way out!

mine snapped off when i had my gearbox out, pretty easy to change, 13 quid for the bracket from vw

Might be best to buy the 4 bushes as when i bought the bracket i didnt realise/think they had any but i just knocked them out the orignal one. one lever is bolter to selector shaft the other is a ball socket, pops out easy then a circlip on each :)

good news for me though just got the box in 4 days ago... nice to hear that its on its way out!

I picked the bracket up from a scrappy yesterday, £40 :(

I had no idea what the part was and its fitted now but I don't have 4th gear :(

The bracket came from a mk1 arosa which looks identical apart from one bit. I think it's why I can't select 4th :( Hopefully it can be modified.