my 1.4s wide arch project in progress

dalef1992

Soooo hear goes.... I bought a lupo 1.4s with 36k fsh ect back in September time after a tree jumped out on me in my last little red 1.0 what i was goin to do all this to but glad i didnt start after that miss-hap :(

so since iv owned the lupo 1.4s iv had 1>> minor problem << (haha) its cambelt decided to snap on me in October on the day i was going to Alton towers :/ bending most valves so just replaced everything and skimmed the head ect so this cost me a small fee of £247.60 parts which included 8-inlet valves,, 8-exhaust valves,, a head gasket,, timing belt kit and a oil & air filter then me and a mate set about fixing my mess after trailering my car to his this was i have no other charger for labour as he as his own mechanic business and he is a good lad to me :D

so this was all fixed up and it was running sweet as a nut untill a month or so later the bonnet grill indicator bit got in a messy way so i now have no grill and a blue bonnet and indicator panel :/

now hear are the work and plans so far :- i bought some wheels abit ago know for the 1st lupo and now on my 3rd they was some banded steels 13x8j front with new yokohama tires and the back are 13x10j with new dunlop sp9000's

so hear goes the pictures from DAY 1 to the part im upto now :D enjoy

so the car to start with on day 1
nice and clean :D for now :/

20120903_134511_zps433d823a.jpg
20120902_140324_zps95105b54.jpg

then ever so kindly the cambelt went ka-ping so then this happened :D

lovely price list
20121013_132111_zps853da6a5.jpg

then we trailered it and started the work :D

few bits off
20121012_201034_zpsbf36643c.jpg
20121012_212244_zpsf9c035b6.jpg

the bad parts :o
20121012_213756_zps6e6f9629.jpg
20121012_213738_zps0e80ba4d.jpg

this was the internal problem bent valves but not to worry i have 16 new ones :D
20121012_214654_zps9a5ff76f.jpg
20121013_162447_zps361d96bb.jpg

so it went off to his dads mate for a skim and clean up then we started popping in new valves
20121013_162439_zps8e225a3e.jpg

there 16 new valves what a bastar* that was but hay hoo
20121013_195835_zps88ac9891.jpg

after everything was done to that stage my phone died and i had no charger so the pictures stopped :(
but we continued and did the tappets,, cleaned the pistons up ect and new head gasket, exhaust gasket and everything else we had in the goodey bag :D

so once everythin was built back up a month or so later the bonnet grill indicator bit got in a messy by some idiot so i now have no grill and a blue bonnet and indicator panel

the next update was the roof bars what i purchased from a member on hear RobG

20130305_133306_zps19badd31.jpg

that bump strip came off so know they are all off just need the glue strips doing some time this week when im arsed :/

then the beginning of this month i have got the wheels out from hibernation and the 90mm arches for the back to keep the 10j's tread in and 70mm arches for the front 8j's and the coilovers then set to work at his garage.

2012-04-21123034-1.jpg

the 15mm hub centric wheel spacers so front wheels clear callipers also the coilovers are on there i forgot to take pictures

20130316_140847_zps42a9a08b.jpg
20130316_140243_zps0d26d7d0.jpg20130316_154211_zps50e39cc4.jpg

^^^ haha with out the arches they look stupid i will say that my self

so we fitted the arches :D

20130316_154128_zpsf2a9f71c.jpg
20130316_162449_zpsf7f27853.jpg
20130316_164740_zpsce2d9e80.jpg

the back end was too low on the arches they rubbed to the adjuster cups went in has afew mm clearance now and the front have setteled abit better and fit more in the arch now with camber and god his astra is nice that was his VXD project and now has a lupo aswell in the following pictures :D

so this is the part im up to so far then ill tell you what is left to do

20130316_172145_zpsb3259c94.jpg
20130316_172210_zps0cabeda4.jpg

there the door strip glue needs removing and then the windows are getting tinted tomorrow after this im filling in the rivvet bits so its smooth and flush upto the cars body work using fiberglass filles as its got more flex in it ect so then they look like they are ment to be on the car then its getting a spray job by my mates dad for free if i buy the paint then its going in to be fully wrapped in white and iv got a audi front end to be different i know not many like it but im been different im also smoothing the front indicators over and converting to 5x5mm led's on each side under the head lights thats the plans so farrr then move onto the interior :D

• Like 1

My mouth has just hit my desk :surprised: These arches will look awesome once its all one colour! :Angel: It reminds me of my MX5 but squished so much!

I think I'm in love - I love it!

Top dollar little Lupo this :thumbsup: nice work and can't wait to see more of it!

Clearly a work in progress but there is potential for awesomeness here. Please be the first person ever to fit the audi front end without ruining it with a bad boy bonnet. Thanks x

• Like 1

thanks guys I was expecting haters on the arches tbh and the wheels been 8j front and 10j back but mine dont look like balloons like the rest I've seen people do :-D. I'm smoothing the little badge lump out and that's it for the bonnet work I did the bad boy bonnet on the first one I liked it but was a pain to do and apparently a mot failure I think I'll just black heat spray inside the inserts for a better look with h.I.d's :-D x

• Like 1

Good lad ;)

You'll get serious hate for the audi front, take it on the chin, I for one am looking forward to seeing it done without the aforementioned bonnet butchery. :)

Edited by Koop
  • Like 1

Just showed the other half. 'It's f**kin awesome!' is what he said haha - embrace the rage, will become a talking point for many! why follow the norm ehy! :thumbsup: Should rock up to this lupo meet at the end of this month!

Edited by jadelauren

were is the meet at ?? and I know the hate I'll come eventually and it's not a **** Audi front like many claim to make its a propper replica of the s-line Audi with the grill structures in the same place and smoothed front just need to fit the plastics mesh stuff and fit it to my car also Need to smooth in the indicators and put separate l.e.d's in :-D it won't be getting finished until around may time when the weather is a lot better :-D atm it's guna be slow and steady

• Like 1

unreal arches mate, going to look so sick when painted/wrapped

were is the meet at ?? and I know the hate I'll come eventually and it's not a **** Audi front like many claim to make its a propper replica of the s-line Audi with the grill structures in the same place and smoothed front just need to fit the plastics mesh stuff and fit it to my car also Need to smooth in the indicators and put separate l.e.d's in :-D it won't be getting finished until around may time when the weather is a lot better :-D atm it's guna be slow and steady

Meet is at Sixfields Stadium, Northampton, NN5 5QA on the 31st I believe at 2pm :)

Haha sounds like mine, started to do my car doors with the toffee wheel and then it started to snow after I had done one door so I gave up lol. Hopefully will be done by May, fingers crossed it will be warmer!

Meet is at Sixfields Stadium, Northampton, NN5 5QA on the 31st I believe at 2pm :)

Haha sounds like mine, started to do my car doors with the toffee wheel and then it started to snow after I had done one door so I gave up lol. Hopefully will be done by May, fingers crossed it will be warmer!

dammm that date is a no go for me it's my birthday o_O so looks like it's a miss from me :-(

goin for the windows tinting today mixed feelings about this hopefully will look ok but for £60 all round I cant go wrong really ill put some updated pictures on later on also hopefully this English/arctic weather had fcuked off by may time so it will wrap ok and the stick will take better

• 1 month later...