engine tapping 1.4 75bhp engine

Problem= engine is quite tappaty and is burning a resonable amount of oil only recently started tapping.

actions carried out= changed oil for 5w30 magnatex oil and new filter service was only 2000 miles ago and also added some wynns hydraulic valve lifter cleaner to my oil, the volume of the tapping hasnt change at all.

i have noticed with the oil cap off you can see oil being sent to the head so it isnt running dry.

what have people experienced or does anyone know how to stop the burning oil and tapping noise thankyou

​any help would be much appreciated

do apologise if this is a duplicate thread extremly busy with work to haul through threads to find many different answers

my first spark plug hole has oil in and has had oil in for a year now. i know i need a new rocker gasket for that but will that cause the head to make the 'tapping noise'?and it is a tiny bit smokey when cold ? guessing thats the oil its burning leaving the engine :P

yeah will have to ring up vw and empty my wallet for some aswell ;) aha its done just over 100k but i dont know why it would just start tapping its an AHW iirc and now my oil light comes on when engine is warm and flashes and beeps, this car is doing my head in

yeah best book it into vw and oil light when warm is never good take it the oil level is correct.yeah same mine is doing my head in as well just spend a load of money fitting new valve stem seals and it still burns oil they are just crap engines so mine will be going for spares and repairs and never getting a lupo again so many problems with them

yeah oil is 1mm ish under maximum and is still relativity clean, looking at getting a new car soon anyway but dont want it to break in the mean time so going to take the head off re seal it and make sure the timing is correct while im there, so is the oil light representative of a certain problem or could it be preassure pump or sensor ?

You have to drop the sump off 1st then take the bearing caps off to check the shells for wear and also the oil pick up as well its far from a 5min job but after changing no guarantee it will work as damage is done and from tapping at top end sounds like pump is not picking up oil enough. It will be oil pressure problems you have tapping from top end and then when hot oil pressure light on they crap engines seen these blow up at 70k mark

not done a afh engine but took my afk out of my lupo year ago.

wiring is simple enough you got the plugs to disconnect by the gearbox which is your loom then remove the stuff like drive shafts and gear linkage. yeah you have it in and out within a day. yeah should be no problem getting it to work as longs as the engine was runner when you got it

afk ? is that the 1.6 ? or standard 75bhp 1.4 ? i may aswell get some more power while im there

would like to run it on carbs, i could get it running on carbs however most of the electrics wouldnt work inside my car :P id have to get manual windows lol