SDI running temperature

Sborg

Hi.

I am wondering what temperture your SDI engines are running when warm?

My SDI only gets to a bit above 70 degrees, and i think it is too low? Every other car i have driven has got to about 90..

Are my thermostat broken?

(Sorry for my bad english, if you dont understand me, please ask! )

Greetings from Denmark

Sborg

Mine runs at 90 once warmed up. Although it definitely takes a while to get to this. Any less than about 8 miles on open road driving and it's pretty much not gonna get properly warmed up! If you're only doing short journeys (that are also easy work for the engine), it may not be getting chance to get up to 90?

• Like 1

Mine runs at 90 once warmed up. Although it definitely takes a while to get to this. Any less than about 8 miles on open road driving and it's pretty much not gonna get properly warmed up! If you're only doing short journeys (that are also easy work for the engine), it may not be getting chance to get up to 90?

Mine is the same . My cousin a vw mechanic said it should be at 90. But that's on my 1.0 e . I go to school and the temp gauge never rises that's an 8 mile journey :( no good for fuel economy

Mine is the same . My cousin a vw mechanic said it should be at 90. But that's on my 1.0 e . I go to school and the temp gauge never rises that's an 8 mile journey :( no good for fuel economy

Ditto, Takes about a good 8 miles for the hot blowers to fully work and the engine to run smooth and warm up :) standard dirty diesel!

Blocking the rad shouldn't have much of an effect of warming up times, the thermostat won't allow the Coolant to flow through it until its hot

I think blocking the grill is to stop cold air getting to the engine as that will cool if down quite a bit. If its 1c and your going 30mph that's a lot of coldness around the engine.

Does anyone have a block heater for the tdi or sdi?

From what I can remember on my tdi the thermostat is after the bottom hose, I haven't checked to see which way it flows or if it comes our of the top house when cold but it feels like it does, before I blocked the bottom half off it would take an age up warm up and struggle to maintain constant running temp with heaters on full whack, and that was with a new stat, blocked the bottom half off problem solved, also if you have an egr delete take it off this also improved my warm up time. Please note this is a tdi.