Big Power - £3 to £4k?

jabbles21

Right ..

Got some money coming in over the next month or so, so i'm after suggestions for decent power but still a bit of luxury.

I've been looking at the s60 T5, some audi 1.8T and trying to get a quote on an S4 now.

Any good alternatives?

Not overly bothered about fuel but a bit of luxury would be nice.

Cheers, Jake.

Evo 4-5-6

Unfortunately luxury and big power usually meant a huge new price tag, so once it's in this price range it's usually older and expensive to maintain or has to the moon and back milage

You might have to compromise a touch

RX8 for a grand, then a full ported engine rebuild with 3 year warranty from rotary revs.

If you can stomach the mpg that is.

I bet you can buy a right lemon of an E39 M5 for 4k, dare you to!

Hey mate! havent seen/heard from you in ages! did u ever get the yellow sport back on the road?

Just been browsing and found this: sorta what youre looking for but maybe a bit ott lol :P

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201301225012996/sort/default/usedcars/model/passat/make/volkswagen/onesearchad/used/onesearchad/nearlynew/onesearchad/new/postcode/ta28as/page/1/radius/1500/keywords/w8?logcode=p

RX8 for a grand, then a full ported engine rebuild with 3 year warranty from rotary revs.

If you can stomach the mpg that is.

Not quite the M5 but how about this http://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/bmw/e39-5-series-96-04/bmw-5-series-e39-540i-2002-tax-end-june-mot-nov-2013/1176565

Jag XJR

Certainly are luxurious if you can cope with being that cramped haha

20VT's are money pits and are prone to many problems. (Coils, Turbos & other oil issues, Clutches (Dual Mass) to name a few)

Unless you got good money coming in to splash about i wouldn't bother!

Ever thought about an EP3 Civic Type R, or something Older with a B series Engine?

not quite as Luxurious, but seem Reliable, in your budget, and have the performance factor!

Just Insurance!

If it were me I'd go for a JCW Mini. Not exactly luxury but they do have nice interior, they are rapid, go karts and reliable :). Edit, just checked the prices of them and they are tad more than £4k.

You could get a Mini Cooper S? http://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/mini/cooper-s/mini-cooper-s-1-6-cooper-s-3dr-full-leather-xenons-fsh-vgc/1109634

I've raced a Cooper S in the GTi, an automatic one and it was bumper to bumper... So I not exactly big power.

It's something to consider though.

There is a charged Lupo GTI on Edition38 for £5k.

An Audi S3? http://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/audi/s3/--2001-audi-s3-quattro-fsh-87k/1119430

S4 would be nice as you stated.

Sound the baws with a Miltek.

Ibiza Cupra? - Not luxury..

Honda Integra? - Not luxury..

Hard to match performance and luxury...

Edited by davidelliott294

THIS!

What are e36 M3's down to now? Would've thought you'd get a straight high miler for that money. 300hp+, RWD, relative comfort, most mod cons.

Edited by Karl_Mac_

you could probably pick up a mk1 with a 20v conversion if you look hard enough.

wont be a minter but will shift

I like all of those last suggestions. Will have a browse this evening. Insurance on e36 M3 is a bit much unfortunately. And when I say luxury I meant modern haha should have been more clear. I mean electric windows and working heaters would be nice .. I just dont want something old and dated unless it's something extra special.

To be honest Ed i'm open to any suggestions... Don't need it for anything specific but i'd like it to at least have something going for it haha.

Doesn't have to be an amazing all rounder (i know i don't have millions to spend) if it's quick in a straight line, good. Or if it's quick in the twisties, also good.

Was looking at the volvo 850 T5 and V70 T5, few luxuries, leather, cruise control etc. and the same power as a slightly older S3 or TT as standard.

Might be a giggle. Any thoughts?

Hahaha dunno if insurance would like that.

Gonna call about this tomorrow to ask about tax, service history and a load of other stuff. If it sounds okay i might go and have a nosey.

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201303165804144/sort/default/usedcars/price-to/4000/model/850/make/volvo/onesearchad/used/onesearchad/nearlynew/onesearchad/new/radius/200/page/1/postcode/gl502ur/quicksearch/true?logcode=p

Any thoughts?

its alright, but if you got a Big budget why not spend a bit more on a better base? and id be care full on making sure ALL the electronics work.

if its local, then no harm in looking :)

I've raced a Cooper S in the GTi, an automatic one and it was bumper to bumper... So I not exactly big power.

A standard Cooper S is considerably faster than a GTI - I've had both.

Cooper S is easily modded too, £500 will see you 210bhp+

A standard Cooper S is considerably faster than a GTI - I've had both.

Cooper S is easily modded too, £500 will see you 210bhp+

Remember I said it was an automatic :innocent:

Pretty sure you need to start using 98ron though?

Edited by davidelliott294