help performamce upgrades

adamb87

hiya guys and girls i have a seat arosa 1.0 its a mk1 i have lowered the car by 60 mm all round and done a few bits like black badges and de wipered back changed wimg mirrors and few things been vinyl sticker bombed inside im after doin sum performance and handiling mods not after major gains coz that jst aint possible but any help would be appretiated ie strut braces front and back if any1 has any performance upgrades for sale can u pm me or leave a comment or points me in the right direction thanks in advance

adam

You won't get much more out of a 1.0 performance wise, your best gains will be made by weight reduction - taking the rear seats out for example. In terms of handling, you could get uprated shocks if you haven't done already - assuming you're on lowering springs atm? Rear anti roll bar's worth doing. Bigger wheels with low profile tyres will also improve handling, & you'll have more grip if they're wider.

i no i wont get massive gains jst thinkin airfilter and 4 branch decat uprated plugs and leadsay help but not sure were or hw to source if any1 can help with that amd yeah its now on 60mm lowering springs thanks to tintin on here and a crnt strip seats out coz kids need to sot on them lol

Spend the money on the kids, you will get far more smiles per £ than spending it on making 2-3 bhp in a 1 litre

am clueless of how to upload pics on here as i use my phone its jst round the heater controlls and the wing mirror knternal plates and its dubway sticker bomb vinyl lol and true scotty kids are spoilt anyways mate so think i cud spoil my car abit lol jst thinking few suttle things would give a bit more sound and grunt on acceleration. a freind ov a freind had the same engine in a polo as whats in mine and hes turboed it but am juvious ov doing it coz a don't think the internalls would hold up so jst after sum mre grunt and noise but not expecting massive gains coz its not physiiclly possible

thanks for the replys adam

Turn the radio up and drop the clutch on every gear change.

Everyone is trying to give you sound advice but seems you have made your decision, go forth waste money on bolt on bits and keep sticker bombing.

not bort the slowest car possible by choice i wud have the 100bhp version if insurance wud let me but it doesnt so try to make good ov a bad situation till i hve sum no claims bonus to work with but by the sounds of it every1 is dead set against modifing a 1.0 littre car was just asking for help and advise on were to get parts from if people had any thanks again people

and not every can afford to run a 1.4 16 valve 100 bhp car as there first car or trust me a wud be lol

not bort the slowest car possible by choice i wud have the 100bhp version if insurance wud let me but it doesnt so try to make good ov a bad situation till i hve sum no claims bonus to work with but by the sounds of it every1 is dead set against modifing a 1.0 littre car was just asking for help and advise on were to get parts from if people had any thanks again people

and not every can afford to run a 1.4 16 valve 100 bhp car as there first car or trust me a wud be lol

Basically, what people are saying is: Do the style modifications as many have already done on a 1.0, but don't bother with the performance mod's as there is little, if any, gain for your pound.

style it is then but as ive been made aware by insurance that changin stuff like exhuast manifold and ht leads and airfilter for better performing products don't affect my insurance much at all its mre if you start puttin stupid bodykits and stuff on that will affect it

Don't get me wrong I grew up with Imps and Minis and would love to see someone properly tune a 1.0 Lupo or Arosa to see what it could do, but as there are no parts available off the shelf, it would all be done to order, so unless you have the engineering equipment in your garage, or have a pet engineer, to do the lightening, skimming, porting, polishing etc.

Then take the custom remap, possibly custom ECU, intake, exhaust, suspension, breaking and the insurance costs for all the modifications, it would start to be an expensive project.

Then of course, with all serious performance mod's, there is going to be a loss of reliability.

If all you want is a cool car to run the little 'uns around, then keep the Arosa "stylised" until you can afford something a little larger with more performance.

sound advicr silver and so true my friend and his dad hve an enginering company but probs wont touch my car incase anything went wrong nd like u sayin a wud lose reliability so think al by a few ov the shelf biys jst fr the noise and if i gt any bhp then thats a bonus but as said earlier in the thread the money fr bhp don't weigh up like 120 fr a 4 branch nt that am sure wot i would gain frm that with a decat pipe but a still want the hidin exhaust at the rear so al have a look about amd c wot i can find if any1 comes across anything could they post the link plzz thanks again for all the advice

adam

More advice, use spell check.

Im reading this imagining you sitting at your computer, staffie chewing at the power lead while you smoke away on some knock off Lamberts and drink £1 a litre cider from the bottle, im guessing the fact you managed to pro-create must be down to good looks or a huge shlong and not down to your quick wit, charisma and education.

Adam,

Some of us older gents struggle with the text type

Posts,

I would recommend against any type of performance modifications as it will be wasted money, save the money and put it towards a sport or a Gti in a years time.

A decent induction kit will be at least £150, full exhaust with a manifold minimum £800 that's almost a grand, Gti's that need a little love are around £1800.

scotty its a bit of both mate im a gifted man lol but sorry for the short hand im using my phone and it alters eveything becuase of the way i text lol so sorry again and as for 800 for a decent exhuast thats way out i got a full stainless for my vectra for 250 custom made off a garage close to were i life so am just going to keep an eye out for some suttle things as an ashleys manifold is 120 and a decat of ebay is only 40 so your pricing is way out but thanks for the advice people i get the fact people dont want to mod a 1.0