Fault Codes! Anyone help? Serious? ahh

aaron.hoppy

Hi all,

This morning I did a diagnostics check on my car to find some fault codes. It came back with 11 faults :S little bit worrying! some sound serious! These are from the book supplied with the scanner. If someone could help me translate these. The numbers with no explanation don't appear to be in the book!

Codes-

17852 - Cylinder #8 fuel injector circuit - open circuit

17510 - o2 sensor circuit heating circuit (B1 - 51) Short to B+

16500 - Engine coolant temperature circuit - range/performance problem.

18010 - Power supply (B+) Terminal 30 - low voltage

16955, 16946, 17526, 16585, 16587, 16588, 16586

If anyone could help or has had similar issues I would be really grateful!

Thanks, Aaron

Ran a diagnostics on it again today and it only came back with 4 faults, 2 re nothing to worry about but the other 2 were my lambda sensor and EGR valve, both of which Im going to need to replace or repair. Apparently you can just clean them both out with carburettor cleaner and they should work fine so ill try that and if that fails I will replace both parts and hopefully the car will run a bit nicer!

EGR's don't always clean up on these (and they are a bugger to get to in the first place) and I doubt carb cleaner will sort the lamda as it sits in the exhaust system, not the intake. However, hope they do mate.

If I were you I'd get another EGR valve, or just don't worry about it till MOT time.