1999 1.0 arosa first car....

antere07

Whats going on people, new user but ive been looking through here for the past week or two.

Saturday i picked up my first car, nice v reg 1.0 seat arosa really good nick well looked after.

seat-arosa-1-4-sport-includes-lifetime-e

This isnt my car but its exactly the same, i havnt got any pics of my car in the day light yet.

Looking for some opinions what to do with it. Im back on an apprentice wage so its going to take alot of saving up to get this car where i want it to be.

My thoughts are as follows:

Debadge the back (just leaving the seat badge)

Looking for some cav slabs maybe purple as purple and yellow go mint together.

Lowering not 100% on how much as its my daily and its a 45 mins journey to work every day with speed bumps along the way so and depends on the wheels i put on.

Wind deflectors

De-rubstrip a they are black, Anyone know about any holes behind or are they just glued on like the badges and alot of other cars?

Pressed plates

Cant think of anything else at the moment.

Get at me with your opinions!!

Welcome :) Nice looking Arosa, even if it isn't yours! Your plans sound good, and there's nothing behind the rubstrips, hair dryer and sticky stuff remover will sort it out, then lots of polish. Look through build threads for ideas, always a good place to start. Good luck :)

Welcome :) Nice looking Arosa, even if it isn't yours! Your plans sound good, and there's nothing behind the rubstrips, hair dryer and sticky stuff remover will sort it out, then lots of polish. Look through build threads for ideas, always a good place to start. Good luck :)

Cheers i think depending on the weather ill be de badging and rub stripping this weekend also the previous owner seemed to not know what side the petrol flap opened and pulled it out of shape abit do you thing with a heat gun/hair dryer i can get the shape back?

You may do more damage, I'm almost certain it may still look a bit rough. You may be best searching for one from a breakers, or spray one

You may do more damage, I'm almost certain it may still look a bit rough. You may be best searching for one from a breakers, or spray one

Ill see how much a replacement is and if its not too much i may just try it if it works it works if it dont i know how much its going to cost to replace like

Halfords, 25mm, about £3 :)

cheers mate, was looking on ebay but they were like £12 and i thought i aint paying £12 for a grommet

How hard is it to de wiper? im thinking about maybe doing it saturday/sunday even if its just to see what it looks like

cheers mate, was looking on ebay but they were like £12 and i thought i aint paying £12 for a grommet

How hard is it to de wiper? im thinking about maybe doing it saturday/sunday even if its just to see what it looks like

I do believe is super easy, not 100% on it step by step, but definitely something you could tackle in an afternoon, just unbolt your wiper ( i think you can leave the motor in..) and stick a grommet in

1 Wiper arm off

2 Inside trim off

3 pull off wash pipe

4 either bung it somehow or just bend it over and zip tie it

5 undo three bolts holding motor on

6 pull motor out of window

7 remove rubber ring

8 insert bung

9 replace interior trim

10 Stand back and admire your work :thumbup:

Edited by GTIChris

I'd leave the rub strips on, it's a old yellow car and the paint under those strips won't be same as its surrounding paint!

I was thinking that but its not a normal yellow not sure if you saw from the pics its that hi-vis yellow the bumpers are abit bleached but the main body of the car looks sound think i might have alook. I do have the same double sided tape used to stick them on with at home so if they are i can just fit them straight back on again the smaller rear quater one can come off to see what its like then be put back on if need be.

1 Wiper arm off

2 Inside trim off

3 pull off wash pipe

4 either bung it somehow or just bend it over and zip tie it

5 undo three bolts holding motor on

6 pull motor out of window

7 remove rubber ring

8 insert bung

9 replace interior trim

10 Stand back and admire your work :thumbup:

Cheers mate, sounds simple probs easier said than done like alot of things haha

Nah its easy mate, all you'll need is a spanner for the wiper arm and motor and torx bits for the trim.

Don't know about Arosa's but there's two torx screws hiding up in the grab holes on a Lupo :thumbsup:

First mod done today, got my self a new head unit haha hardly a mod but its the first thing ive done to the car.

The old one was cack and the tuner didnt work so i could only use cd's but now i got one with a aux in thought about getting a usb in too but for what its worth i didnt bother. With aux in i can use any mp3 player or phone.

Need to de badge it but might give that ago tomorrow depending on the weather.

Right im heading for my first modification on this car it is either going to be wheels or lowering first.

Ive got in mind what wheels i like, but if im honest i havnt got a clue what suspension kits are any good and what ones aint.

Ive seen a few kits what you are looking around £400/500 for but looking on ebay there are some for around £200 now like i said i dont know what brands are decent and what have you so abit of help wouldnt go amiss please.

looks like my ex wifes Arosa, but I've just done a tax disk check on hers and it hasn't been taxed for 18 months, so probably dead :(

It originally came from Hull to Birmingham and then a family have had it for the past 6 years. 49,000 miles on it for £950 seems to me like a bargin the paint is all good apart from the bumpers which are sun bleached it looks like, The interior is sweet as a nut.

I think it was a bargain my mate sold his same reg for 800 but it had 90,000 on it

Quick question, i just had a chance to buy cav slabs for £120 decent tyres all round.

Basically i know the centre bore was wrong and i think ide have had to have new tyres on too with a lower profile so they wouldnt scrape but i wasnt sure on the offset ect weather ide need spacers and what have you so.

So has anyone got any knowlege about these wheels or know the same kind of wheels which would fit better?

Decided to take a pass on the wheels for now unless i can pick up a real bargin, looking at coilovers but not sure where to buy from?

I look on ebay and JOM coilovers keep coming up im looking to lower it by 40-80mm probs be around 60mm ive looked in the coilover thread and i cant find the ta technix ones or the philj ones anyone got a link or something?