Project 2- Anthracite 6n2 TDi

Thooooom

Sold my lupo about 2 months ago, doing about 300 - 350 miles a week i needed something more efficient. went for a 6n2 polo TDI because of the great fuel figures they return and also cheap tax :thumbup:

Had this car about 5 or 6 weeks, but i seem to have a lot of money around at the minute so progress has been quick!

Havent got many photos of the car how i bought it as it looked pretty crap.

600706_10151288733128549_649787854_n.jpg

and one next to my friends GTI

536894_10151255119998549_1681462309_n.jp

Ordered coilovers within a week of owning it

13120_10151325058613549_1948004808_n.jpg

then ordered wheels about 2 weeks ago.

Bullet Wheels 15 x 7 and 15 x 8 et 20 all round pretty perfect fit for the polo!

Tyres are nankang ns2's all round, 165/50 fronts and 185/45 rears

a trial fit photo...

420189_10151314402663549_1054840403_n.jp

tyres went on a few days ago and now theyre on properly.

jbc1StI1NDn74L.png

jE5qouvwIr0fZ.png

Future plans are:

• NOTCH (drive shafts already rubbing lots hence stupidly high front end) hopefully in the next 2 weeks.
  • GTI splitter (ordered from VW earlier today)
  • GTI Spoiler
  • possible wheel colour change - i like black but its a bit common on these wheels as its the only colour you can buy them in.
  • cleaning up the headlights (mouldy lenses)
  • install audio from the lupo
  • momo 280/300
  • new o/s front wing due to a fair bit of rust
  • lower all round

stay tuned!

That's lovely! Bullet steels look great if done right like yours

cheers man. so far so much but many many plans to come.

Looks great thom! Love the bullets! I saw that polo gti the other day, such a nice car, looking forward to when i am eventually up and driving, i'll have to tag along sometime haha.

haha cheers dude! yeah josh's red gti is insane, cant get over how low it is. you must be close to driving now surely?! haha

Great choice of car :)..i want one!, would like to know how much you paid

thanks man, im so pleased with it, the exact car i wanted with the exact engine and exact colour too. i paid £1600 after a fair bit of bartering.... to be honest i'd have had a GTI if i could afford the insurance, i keep seeing them up for sale SO cheap.

sounds like a good price to me :) whats the millage?

i'd swap my lupo for one anyday..like 65mpg ?and they can be mapped to 100bhp can't they

sounds like a good price to me :) whats the millage?

i'd swap my lupo for one anyday..like 65mpg ?and they can be mapped to 100bhp can't they

mileage was pretty much dead on 100,000. diesel though so will go forever hopefully. average mpg is about 60/65, on motorways they can see 75 too apparently...

sadly mine isnt doing those kind of figures at the minute :(

like like like :)!!!!

cheers man

Looking good.

I've had a 6n2 before and they're quite amusing, TDI is better than a GTI though. ;)

thanks man, i like that it carrys elements of the lupo but it just looks a bit more grown up. haha. yeah i love driving it, cruises so nicely on the motorway.

UPDATE:

went to VW today andd picked up a new CV boot (mines split), service parts and a GTI front splitter. Just need that notch now.

Also spent last night cleaning up my headlights as they were mouldy and misted. Wet sanded them with 800, 1200, 1500, and 2000 grit before mopping them with a machine polisher and theyve come out like new! no photos though because im an idiot and didnt take any.

Edited by Thooooom

• 4 weeks later...

update:

GTI splitter

Notched

Loads of messing with the arches and what not

finally got it sitting way way way better.

644288_577197535632498_824876352_n.jpg

188984_598471056847605_39477836_n.jpg

ive actually wound it down since UD so its a bit lower at the front now. splitter is probably 2 inches from the floor, maybe a bit less. arches are catching though so cant get it any lower. considering 165/45 tyres for the front instead for a bit more room when turning.

well happy overall though :thumbup:

Looks Great mate,

Come along way in such a short amount of time from when we met.

Keep up the great work buddy

Ryan

Looking good. I'd like to go to town on Mrs Koop's 6n2 but she's having none of it :lol:

Very smart Thom :)

thanks dude

I really like this my favourite colour for a car looks awesome mate makes me want one

yeah i love the colour, didnt think id get one in the exactly colour i wanted but i got lucky

I spotted this at UD.

Clean.

thanks rich, wasnt that happy about the height at UD but have messed with it since then and its better.

Looks Great mate,

Come along way in such a short amount of time from when we met.

Keep up the great work buddy

Ryan

cheers dude, yeah i wasny happy about it when we met up at all. haha. still more to come hopefully.

Looking good. I'd like to go to town on Mrs Koop's 6n2 but she's having none of it :lol:

do it dude! they look so good low. haha

Shame about the Old lupo, but seems like its fortune has been well spent on this! looks smart!

yeah i miss the lupo a bit but its gone to someone whos into it all too so hopefully ill see it around.

Osshhh! Very nice Tom :) i have a photo of this from stanceworks ill post it up when I'm on laptop next :)

yeah i saw your photo of it from stanceworks, thanks man.