Run to the sun - anyone going?

Isn't that the show where the cars are actually a very small part of the event and it's all about partying and getting off your face on whatever you can lay your hands on?

Isn't that the show where the cars are actually a very small part of the event and it's all about partying and getting off your face on whatever you can lay your hands on?

I've heard the same......there was a thread about one of the incidences that went on there somewhere on here.

Well I was thinking of going one year so looked at the website and looked at the gallery expecting good cars and good times, but the first 30 pages was just pics of ppl looking totally off their faces and staggering into each other in a dance tent, no sign of a single car, and didn't bother looking any further into it!

worst "show" iv been to in all honesty... its more about people getting off their faces on drugs... not what i expected after all id heard about it.

Needs someone to organise it better and actually get a show field there or something. Most of the time we wandered around the campsite looking for nice cars.

wouldnt travel all that way again for that show.

Went to the show and shine last year at Newquay airport which is away from the campsite and it was arite to be honest needed more stands and things but the quality of some of the cars there was awesome they have only just moved the show and shine to the air port last year so hopefully it will be better this year

Been before with other forums actual rtts at trav is shocking kid died of a overdose last time we were there, tbh a lot of the vag lads organise a camping weekend around the same dates, do the convoy, book a different campsite have a nice forum weekend, go show and shine convoy back. Stay away

I love my music and cars, so the appeal is big to me. Every show I've been to I've heard good and bad things and quite often things get blown out of all proportions.

We run quite a few shows here and some of the stuff we read about incidents is quite amazing at times lol.

i agree with loepan... thats probably the best way to have the weekend. Organise it with mate and enjoy the atmosphere rather than getting your hopes up for the "show of your life"...

USC is better... get to see some quick cars down the strip. Very chavtastic but got all the right things happening, show and shine, drag runs, drifting, music, burnout competition, monster trucks etc. im not a fan of burnouts and stuff like that but its funny to watch.... You just have to ignore the clowns that go. Every show has them...

Thing is there are bad stories about E38 too.

I hold my own VW show and road trip each year. Invite only; reflex silver only!

Very elite.

Everyone get's off their head at the end of the trip and pizza is shared in the outside venue. Neve had any trouble at all.

4629606683_25c3145d64.jpg
Ghillie... by Ray Crabb, on Flickr

If you like your music it is awesome the main room there is wicked but like others have said depends what your after... If your after a flat out rave and get to get **** faced all weekend then a good show and shine on the Sunday then it's a winner lol hope that helps

• 1 month later...

I went there last year, and I thought it was great but I must admit I haven't been to many car events. It is a bit of a rave but not as bad as many of you are saying. I was 17 last year and felt quite safe but I was in one the caravans with my friends so we were away from the camping section which I think can be a bit dodgy! Its the last rtts ever this year so it should be a good one, hopefully this would bring in more cars though as last year was short on the ground. Not sure if I am going though as its right in the middle of my exams :surprised: