dropping my lupo a few MM

ROB73

hi guys

be gentle and dont use big words ok as im complete novice to the lowering scene i have a 1.7 sdi and want to drop it a few mm bu dont know how much and how to do it could you point me in the easyiest way to do it , whats best size to drop to , and how much , also im not gonna be putting on massive 15" on it wanna keep it low like 14" or 13" on it

any ideas guys and if poss pictures

thanks

Easiest and cheapest is shorter springs. -40mm and -30mm are the most common available and make the car look like it should have been out if the factory.

-60mm are avalailable, but you should really swap for "shorter" shocks too.

I ran -45mm on my 1.0 Arosa on 14 and 13" rims and standard shocks.

Most people go for coilovers, the lupo looks much better the lower it looks.

However as a member of the older lupo community, I didn't want my lupo looking floored, just as Silver! put it, look as it should have looked out of the factory.

I am having koni 40mm lowering springs fitted with new 15 inch alloys tomorrow (thanks to JoeA). This will make my car look like it should without it being obvious its lowered. My springs were £100. Coilovers start at about £200 for budget ones, but decent ones are around the £400 and upwards price. The difference being the ride quality and quality of components.

Edited by booble

Most people go for coilovers, the lupo looks much better the lower it looks.

However as a member of the older lupo community, I didn't want my lupo looking floored, just as Silver! put it, look as it should have looked out of the factory.

I am having koni 40mm lowering springs fitted with new 15 inch alloys tomorrow (thanks to JoeA). This will make my car look like it should without it being obvious its lowered. My springs were £100. Coilovers start at about £200 for budget ones, but decent ones are around the £400 and upwards price. The difference being the ride quality and quality of components.

Wouldn't mind seeing pics when its done, as i'm planning the same.

To the OP - Stick to springs, coilovers would probably be overkill for what you need.

2002 Arosa 1.0 MPi on -45mm AVO springs and standard shocks.

Slightly oversize: 6" x 14" wheels with 185\60\14...

IMG_0399_500.jpg

>Speedo would be 5.6% too slow

>Car would be doing 63.3mph when the speedo shows 60mph

Slightly undersize: 5.5" x 13" wheels with 165\60\13 tyres...

9-spokes-016.jpg

>Speedo would be 3.5% too fast

>Car would be doing 57.9mph when the speedo shows 60mph

I had 20mm spacers fitted to try and bring the wheels out of the arches, but they weren't on at this time.

The difference in tyre size...

difference1.jpg

Both performed acceptably on the car.

Wouldn't mind seeing pics when its done, as i'm planning the same.

To the OP - Stick to springs, coilovers would probably be overkill for what you need.

Hey Karl, Koni springs have been fitted now lowering by 40mm, and have fthe CMS 15" wheels with 195/55 tyres - 7J ET 38. Have a look at my updated car diary for pics. Personally I'm really pleased with the look, its the right balance for me.