Alarm problem - interior light micro switch?

Hi guys, long time no post!

Bit of an annoying fault with the wife's Lupo at the moment. The alarm started going off on it's own accord at 1am this morning, resulting in me stood outside in my jim jams disconnecting the battery!

I took a good look at things today and with the help of Google, I think I have narrowed the fault down to the passenger side interior light switch. The light fails to come on with this door open but it does with the driver's door and boot. Also, of late the wife has noticed that once the car is unlocked, if you open only the passenger door, the car will lock itself again after 30 seconds, suggesting that the car doesn't realise that's the door is open.

Am I correct in assuming that the alarm problem would be linked to the door switch problem? I have searched the site regarding the micro switch snags the Lupo has but I am yet to come across a 'how to' thread to give me some direction.

Anyone else had and/or solved this problem?

Many thanks.

Anybody?

I had the battery tested yesterday and it was 50% down on charge. I removed and recharged it over night, refitted it just now and the alarm still goes off. Starting to get really hacked off with this now, we can't use the car as we can't lock it............

• 2 weeks later...

Getting really sick of this problem now. Spent £200 getting the passenger door catch replaced today as a diagnostic showed it to be faulty. The interior light comes on now, but so does the alarm still.............. :rant: